• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Yeah I so far hate the majority of the sketch cards I have seen come across eBay. I can only imagine that a Moore 1/1 sketch card would fetch $1000+ if it was in the set. Adlard and Rathburn would probably snag close to $500.

But you can get a full commission from Moore for much less than $1000. I doubt a sketch card would command that much. (shrug)

For those people trying to put together the most complete sets you would be amazed. The collectible & sports card market is a strange beast. Especially when the sets first come out. People are paying $500+ for the 1/18 Rick Grimes Wardrobe cards already. Neither of the badge redemptions have come across eBay yet those would go for $1000+ easily.

I really don't think a Moore sketch card should go for that much but I know of one high end card collector who is snagging up a bunch of these sketch cards and I asked him what he would be willing to do for the above 3 sketches towards him trying to have the best set of these cards and the answer was scary. He said that he would push 4 figures on Moore, Rathburn and Adlard if they existed and each of them did only 1 sketch total. Now if they each did say 10 different ones then he wouldn't go that high. He said he is willing to go $1500 each on the two 1/1 badge redemption cards though, so if anyone opens one I can send you towards a lunatic. :)

Don't know if anyone on these boards messes with Baseball cards and stuff like the Allen & Ginter sets but this guy is the type who tries to snag every single 1/1 card that comes across eBay when he decides to put together a set. Which is really dumb because once these newer sets start to cool off after a couple months on the market a lot of those cards drop drastically in what he could resell them for.

So what was the 1/1 redemption Rick badge that sold for I believe $520?

I am really considering buying a case. lol

The full badge, 1 of 1 cards for Shane and Rick are pretty sweet.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/tradingcards/walking-dead-trading-cards

Looks like you're guaranteed one sketch card per sealed case (thumbs u

Case or box? And what's this about a metal badge? hm

Edited by FIREFLY

Yeah I so far hate the majority of the sketch cards I have seen come across eBay. I can only imagine that a Moore 1/1 sketch card would fetch $1000+ if it was in the set. Adlard and Rathburn would probably snag close to $500.

But you can get a full commission from Moore for much less than $1000. I doubt a sketch card would command that much. (shrug)

For those people trying to put together the most complete sets you would be amazed. The collectible & sports card market is a strange beast. Especially when the sets first come out. People are paying $500+ for the 1/18 Rick Grimes Wardrobe cards already. Neither of the badge redemptions have come across eBay yet those would go for $1000+ easily.

I really don't think a Moore sketch card should go for that much but I know of one high end card collector who is snagging up a bunch of these sketch cards and I asked him what he would be willing to do for the above 3 sketches towards him trying to have the best set of these cards and the answer was scary. He said that he would push 4 figures on Moore, Rathburn and Adlard if they existed and each of them did only 1 sketch total. Now if they each did say 10 different ones then he wouldn't go that high. He said he is willing to go $1500 each on the two 1/1 badge redemption cards though, so if anyone opens one I can send you towards a lunatic. :)

Don't know if anyone on these boards messes with Baseball cards and stuff like the Allen & Ginter sets but this guy is the type who tries to snag every single 1/1 card that comes across eBay when he decides to put together a set. Which is really dumb because once these newer sets start to cool off after a couple months on the market a lot of those cards drop drastically in what he could resell them for.

The full badge, 1 of 1 cards for Shane and Rick are pretty sweet.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/tradingcards/walking-dead-trading-cards

Looks like you're guaranteed one sketch card per sealed case (thumbs u

Case or box? And what's this about a metal badge? hm

Sketch is inserted per 244 packs, and most card producers guarantee these type of inserts per a 12 box case, as incentive to purchase in this manner. I personally have not heard anything about a metal badge, although that would be VERY awesome :headbang:

That redemption card is for one of the 1/18 wardrobe cards for a piece of his cloth sheriff's patch.

The redemption cards I am referring to are for true 1/1s that are suppose to be for actual metal sheriff's badges from what I understand.

EDIT: I see not a metal badge but a full cloth badge.

twd_patch1.jpg

Then I disagree. The Rick badge sold. It was a redemption card for his badge. I don't see it on completed listings now but it was there. I was disappointed that I missed it.

I have been tracking all of the auctions and these are the ones so far that have ended. They so far have all been for just a part of the patch not the whole patch card which is way bigger than the normal card.

Patch 11/16 $612

Patch 12/16 $545 Is this the one redemption you saw.

Patch 4/16 $699.99 BIN

Patch 16/16 $449.44 Current Bid

I thought these were X/18 but maybe X/16 (Cryptozoic's blog is where it says 18 patch pieces but the official website now lists 16). Unless the person somehow had eBay pull and kill the auction it should be coming up still in the completed listings. Are you positive it said AUTHENTIC WARDROBE card containing a full-size badge and not pieces?

I had originally read the 2 redemptions for 1/1 badges for Shane and Rick were Metal badges but the pictures that are now up on Cryptozoic's site show they are just full cloth badges.

These cards must be about the size of 4 cards stacked 2 on top of 2 to be a full size badge.

I was originally told the 2 redemptions for 1/1 badges for Shane and Rick were Metal badges but the pictures that are now up on Cryptozoic's site show they are just full cloth badges.

These cards must be about the size of 4 cards stacked 2 on top of 2 to be a full size badge.

I am positive the Rick badge redemption card has been sold.

I was originally told the 2 redemptions for 1/1 badges for Shane and Rick were Metal badges but the pictures that are now up on Cryptozoic's site show they are just full cloth badges.

I wonder then if it wasn't then a legit auction. Do you at all remember if it was a well established eBay member selling it or a fairly new eBay ID? From 14 years on eBay the only time I have ever seen auctions then not come up in the completed search is if the auction was pulled and cancelled after the fact.

Google search also doesn't bring up anything cached or mentioned anywhere online about it hitting eBay.

I checked all of your examples but the auction I saw completed clearly stated 1/1. There was no mention of pieces or one of 16.

Unfortunately eBay removes listings constantly.

I wonder then if it wasn't then a legit auction. Do you at all remember if it was a well established eBay member selling it or a fairly new eBay ID? From 14 years on eBay the only time I have ever seen auctions then not come up in the completed search is if the auction was pulled and cancelled after the fact.

Google search also doesn't bring up anything cached or mentioned anywhere online about it hitting eBay.

I don't recall the details other then wishing I had a chance to bid. I don't use google for eBay auctions but if you don't see completed auctions pulled then I would suggest looking harder. ;) I notice them quite frequently.

I checked all of your examples but the auction I saw completed clearly stated 1/1. There was no mention of pieces or one of 16.

Don't really know what to say, both card forums over at blowout cards and nonsportscards have been following these auctions also and zero mention of either the full size Rick or Shane patch has been mentioned.

Don't really know what to say, both card forums over at blowout cards and nonsportscards have been following these auctions also and zero mention of either the full size Rick or Shane patch has been mentioned.

It's ok to assume I'm crazy and move on. Works for my wife and I take no offense. I live on eBay but I'm not a card guy. (thumbs u

It's ok to assume I'm crazy and move on. Works for my wife and I take no offense. I live on eBay but I'm not a card guy. (thumbs u

xfilesbelieve.jpg

The seller must have really screwed himself then with a poor listing or doing just a one day type auction then for no one to have bid the up out of it.

Or the more likely scenario that I'm crazy. :)

I am quite sure but I've been wrong before.

Anyone going to Image Expo next month?

I wish I could get off from work to go. As of right now the only major con I will be attending for sure is Wizard World Chicago in August. Possible road trip with chunkybutt to Chi-Town.

EDIT: Dang, I see dhurley that your sketch card is now above $175. Madness. You may end up paying for a decent part of that airfare after all.

Edited by brendanb438

Opened a couple more boxes of the Walking Dead cards. I am beyond pissed off. No auto in either box, and the first box had 1 wardrobe card, the 2nd had 2 wardrobe cards.

Really makes me wonder about this Cryptozoic company in regards to how evenly inserted autos or hits truly are.

Going to send an email to Cryptozoic's customer service telling them I am disappointed in the product and that I will not be buying anymore of their cards.

Also all 3 of the wardrobe cards were .

Opened a couple more boxes of the Walking Dead cards. I am beyond pissed off. No auto in either box, and the first box had 1 wardrobe card, the 2nd had 2 wardrobe cards.

Really makes me wonder about this Cryptozoic company in regards to how evenly inserted autos or hits truly are.

Going to send an email to Cryptozoic's customer service telling them I am disappointed in the product and that I will not be buying anymore of their cards.

Also all 3 of the wardrobe cards were .

lol

That's the lottery for you. It makes me wonder how many boxes, or cases, the people with the desired cards have purchased. hm

I wouldn't mind having the Daryl sketch that's on feebay right now.

1 auto per box and 2 wardrobe cards per box. I doubt anything will come of it but I am gonna be biatching about it on Cryptozoic's Facebook and forum pages.

I was asking last week two of the eBay sellers who are selling a ton of the autos and wardrobe cards if they were seeing hits spread all around with some boxes top heavy and others with next to nothing and both of them said every now and again they would get an extra wardrobe card but neither one said they got a box with either no auto or double autos.

Hence I am pretty disappointed with these two boxes.