• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

They seem to be going around $60 shipped on eBay. All my local shops wanted $80 + tax so I went the eBay route.

I am amazed though at how Cryptozoic did such an amazing job with the base set in regards to the low amount of doubles in my box. I actually pulled a complete 81 card base set out of just the 1 box. There are only 24 packs in a box with 5 cards per pack (3 cards in the wardrobe packs so only 2 base cards in those packs). Pretty impressive, usually you will struggle to put together a base set out of just one box with how poorly the base cards are usually distributed.

You know what that set of cards could really use.... more cowbell lol

Hell yeah never have too much cowbell.

Well within 12 hours or so of listing that Reedus Wardrobe card at a $35 BIN someone snagged it. I think that might be the most expensive wardrobe card in the set other that what people are trying to sell as variants (nothing more than a more interesting piece of the overall clothing).

I will keep the auto and roll this into another box it looks like. I feel bad for someone on eBay they had a mix of autos and wardrobe cards from 3 boxes they opened, and there 3 autos were all the same card from T-Dog which seems to be the cheapest auto in the set. :)

Dang that sketch card is already at $100. Very nice. You may end up being able to buy 2 more boxes for that sketch card. Was anyone else not really impressed by the list of artists doing these sketch cards?

I gotta feva, and the only prescription is more cowbell :roflmao: Love that skit.

I think the problem I had with alot of the sketches were that they weren't very impressive. There were a few that I thought were pretty darn cool, but some looked like I drew when I was 5 years old. So either the art isn't very good, or I was one heck of an artist as a child lol

Looking at all of those I still have mixed feelings on them. I am surprised that Cryptozoic gave each of the artists additional blanks beyond what they had to submit for the packs to do their own sketches on as long as Cryptozoic then approves the idea. I wonder if any of the artists will do a sketch for me of Sam Witwer as the tank zombie with the words of F*** AMC on it? :)

Looking at all of those I still have mixed feelings on them. I am surprised that Cryptozoic gave each of the artists additional blanks beyond what they had to submit for the packs to do their own sketches on as long as Cryptozoic then approves the idea. I wonder if any of the artists will do a sketch for me of Sam Witwer as the tank zombie with the words of F*** AMC on it? :)

most card companies give extra blanks to the artists so they can sell them as well.

i know a few artists who have done work for the marvel card sets and they usually get 5-10 blanks to sell themselves. that is to make up for the low pay they get for the cards that are inserted into packs. some of the cards, the artists get only a few bucks to draw...

most card companies give extra blanks to the artists so they can sell them as well.

i know a few artists who have done work for the marvel card sets and they usually get 5-10 blanks to sell themselves. that is to make up for the low pay they get for the cards that are inserted into packs. some of the cards, the artists get only a few bucks to draw...

I should have detailed what I meant, from what I understand the extra blanks they received have the identical backs to those inserted into the packs. From what I have seen before is that say those Marvel cards those extra blanks usually don't say the 1/1 or have something slightly different on them to tell they were not pulled from the actual packs.

At least the few extras I have ever seen an artist get you could tell the difference from the inserted sketches, that is what I thought was odd, especially with their being no official list of the exact number of sketch cards to this set. Cryptozoic's master list only shows the names of the artists, not what exactly they submitted.

I do understand though that the artists for this set probably received next to nothing for their sketches though. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the artists were lucky to even get $20 a sketch.

2 artists i know got all of $1 and $1.50 for theirs...

Just wow. I guess if you are currently an artist trying to get your name and work out there this is a good way of doing it. I guess this is why there aren't any big names on the list of artists who did sketches for this set.

Yeah I so far hate the majority of the sketch cards I have seen come across eBay. I can only imagine that a Moore 1/1 sketch card would fetch $1000+ if it was in the set. Adlard and Rathburn would probably snag close to $500.

But you can get a full commission from Moore for much less than $1000. I doubt a sketch card would command that much. (shrug)

Yeah I so far hate the majority of the sketch cards I have seen come across eBay. I can only imagine that a Moore 1/1 sketch card would fetch $1000+ if it was in the set. Adlard and Rathburn would probably snag close to $500.

But you can get a full commission from Moore for much less than $1000. I doubt a sketch card would command that much. (shrug)

For those people trying to put together the most complete sets you would be amazed. The collectible & sports card market is a strange beast. Especially when the sets first come out. People are paying $500+ for the 1/18 Rick Grimes Wardrobe cards already. Neither of the badge redemptions have come across eBay yet those would go for $1000+ easily.

I really don't think a Moore sketch card should go for that much but I know of one high end card collector who is snagging up a bunch of these sketch cards and I asked him what he would be willing to do for the above 3 sketches towards him trying to have the best set of these cards and the answer was scary. He said that he would push 4 figures on Moore, Rathburn and Adlard if they existed and each of them did only 1 sketch total. Now if they each did say 10 different ones then he wouldn't go that high. He said he is willing to go $1500 each on the two 1/1 badge redemption cards though, so if anyone opens one I can send you towards a lunatic. :)

Don't know if anyone on these boards messes with Baseball cards and stuff like the Allen & Ginter sets but this guy is the type who tries to snag every single 1/1 card that comes across eBay when he decides to put together a set. Which is really dumb because once these newer sets start to cool off after a couple months on the market a lot of those cards drop drastically in what he could resell them for.

For those people trying to put together the most complete sets you would be amazed. The collectible & sports card market is a strange beast. Especially when the sets first come out. People are paying $500+ for the 1/18 Rick Grimes Wardrobe cards already. Neither of the badge redemptions have come across eBay yet those would go for $1000+ easily.

I really don't think a Moore sketch card should go for that much but I know of one high end card collector who is snagging up a bunch of these sketch cards and I asked him what he would be willing to do for the above 3 sketches towards him trying to have the best set of these cards and the answer was scary. He said that he would push 4 figures on Moore, Rathburn and Adlard if they existed and each of them did only 1 sketch total. Now if they each did say 10 different ones then he wouldn't go that high. He said he is willing to go $1500 each on the two 1/1 badge redemption cards though, so if anyone opens one I can send you towards a lunatic. :)

Don't know if anyone on these boards messes with Baseball cards and stuff like the Allen & Ginter sets but this guy is the type who tries to snag every single 1/1 card that comes across eBay when he decides to put together a set. Which is really dumb because once these newer sets start to cool off after a couple months on the market a lot of those cards drop drastically in what he could resell them for.

There is a sucker born every minute, I guess. In an auction format, he may be lucky. I'd be shocked if there are any more people willing to pay that much.

There is a sucker born every minute, I guess. In an auction format, he may be lucky. I'd be shocked if there are any more people willing to pay that much.

Oh how I agree about him being a sucker. He says he spent roughly $4000 towards the 2011 Allen and Ginter Silk cards that are all limited to ten of each one. He is putting a set together of those. I first was introduced to him when I pulled a Tim Lincecum Silk card from the 2010 set right when it came out and he offered me $150 for it.

Some of the sketch cards on eBay are already ending between $250 to $500 for artists I have never heard of before.

Also there are 2 people in particular who are winning the majority of them. :)

To add, damn dhurley you may end up getting enough out of your sketch card for 3 or 4 boxes at this rate.

So what was the 1/1 redemption Rick badge that sold for I believe $520?

I am really considering buying a case. lol

Yeah I am amazed how much my sketch card is going for..hopefully will pay for a flight out to a con next month :wishluck:

Good luck with that. That would be awesome. (thumbs u

You can do it.....do it :whistle:

The full badge, 1 of 1 cards for Shane and Rick are pretty sweet.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/tradingcards/walking-dead-trading-cards

Looks like you're guaranteed one sketch card per sealed case (thumbs u

That redemption card is for one of the 1/18 wardrobe cards for a piece of his cloth sheriff's patch.

The redemption cards I am referring to are for true 1/1s that are suppose to be for actual metal sheriff's badges from what I understand.

EDIT: I see not a metal badge but a full cloth badge.

twd_patch1.jpg

Edited by brendanb438

That redemption card is for one of the 1/18 wardrobe cards for a piece of his cloth sheriff's patch.

The redemption cards I am referring to are for true 1/1s that are suppose to be for actual metal sheriff's badges from what I understand.

EDIT: I see not a metal badge but a full cloth badge.

twd_patch1.jpg

Then I disagree. The Rick badge sold. It was a redemption card for his badge. I don't see it on completed listings now but it was there. I was disappointed that I missed it.