• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What can you tell me about the Boston and Winnipeg Pedigree collections

98 posts in this topic

Ok, thanks

Edit: I just did a search and came up with nothing...too many pages to sort through that are talking about lots of other topics...

If you can be of assistance and point my in the right direction...that would be helpful...

I remember Dan Greenhalgh uncovered Winnipeg pre-CGC and the original owner's name of Dennis Kjolso is written at the top of a bunch of the early issues. Boston was discovered by Bechara but I forget when, I think shortly before CGC but could be wrong. I haven't seen any major Boston keys which leads me to guess the collection starts post-1963, but I could be wrong. I don't think the Winnipeg keys are in spectacular shape; the only one I've seen in the Spidey #1 at CGC 8.5.

Ok, thanks

Edit: I just did a search and came up with nothing...too many pages to sort through that are talking about lots of other topics...

If you can be of assistance and point my in the right direction...that would be helpful...

1. Go to search page

2. Type in "+boston +pedigree" into search box

3. Check the "in subject" radio button

4. Extend the search range to 10 years

5. Do 200 or more results per page

6. Do the same thing but use "+winnipeg +pedigree" instead

The info you'll find within 30 seconds of following these steps is FAR more compelling than what's posted so far--enough to keep me busy re-reading and remembering this stuff for probably the next half-hour. The thread listing complete inventories and grades for Winnipeg I had forgotten about, cool stuff! :cloud9:

Umm, when I was off the boards from 2006 until 2009, apparently the original owner of the Winnipeg collection signed up on these boards and posted about it--amazing! :o I need to search more often...

please elucidate...

newer than ???

older than ???(shrug)

Newer than...so that everything over the past 10 years gets searched.

please elucidate...

newer than ???

older than ???(shrug)

Newer than...so that everything over the past 10 years gets searched.

Yes, I leave the "older than" box alone usually and just change the "Newer than" textbox to 10 and the period dropdown from "days" to "years".

I'm reading the post now where Joe Krolik joined the boards--anybody know what the exact relationship between Krolik and Kjolso was? Haven't found it yet, but the thread mentions that many of the Winnipegs are Krolik's "undercopies" and that he's sitting on an even better collection. :gossip: My guess is that Kjolso sold them to Krolik, who in turn sold them to Greenhalgh, who named the collection "Winnipeg," but that's a guess, I dunno what went on between Kjolso and Krolik yet, but I might when I'm done searching...

the Winnipegs were brought to market by Dan Greenhalgh in 1996. they are complete marvels

the collection was owned by dennis Kjolso and joe Krolic

the keys are not 9.2 or better, from about 1965 on the books get better with excelletn ow/w PQ.

1961-65 the issues are prob 7.5 to 9.0 in general

most have krlic and kjelso names written in blue ball point ont he cover, ont he top FC

personally i like the wiinipegs

and one of the owners is sittign on a better collection, and the winnipegs were his undercopies yes.

Umm, when I was off the boards from 2006 until 2009, apparently the original owner of the Winnipeg collection signed up on these boards and posted about it--amazing! :o I need to search more often...

n/m

the collection was owned by dennis Kjolso and joe Krolic

I haven't found ANY specific info about this yet...how can two guys without the same last name own the same "original owner" collection? hm The books being Krolik's "undercopies" suggests some kind of assembled collection...or are does it suggest he--or is it Kjolso?--bought multiple copies of each issue from the stands? ???

I have a few books from both collections and really don't know anything about them...

Anybody have info on them?

Thanks

If you own a few of these pedigrees, don't you already have the certs? The certs normally give the history. Or am I mistaken?

I have a few books from both collections and really don't know anything about them...

Anybody have info on them?

Thanks

If you own a few of these pedigrees, don't you already have the certs? The certs normally give the history. Or am I mistaken?

I don't have the certs for Boston but it says Boston on the CGC label. I looked at my Winnipeg book last night after it was posted here and sure enough I have that cert for the Winnipeg book (feeling stupid that I didn't look again first before asking).

But, like I said...no cert or info on the Boston pedigree.

I own the Winnipeg Avengers # 5 and I know that Red Hook owned the Avengers #2, 3 & 4. The # 5 is graded 8.5 and I know that the # 3 was graded 9.0.

The # 2, 3 & 4 all had the signature on the front but the # 5 is one of the few that does not.