• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex Ross (Color Miraclewoman), Byrne, Hitch, Jimenez - Art For Sale!

3 posts in this topic

I’ve decided to part ways with my sole Alex Ross piece featuring Miraclewoman to raise some much needed funds and would like to offer it for sale here (and Comicart-L) before trying other avenues like eBay. The piece is available for purchase, I’m sorry but I’m not looking to trade.

This beautiful color piece was featured in the “Wizard Alex Ross: Millenium Edition Special” (1999) and also as the back cover to “Kimota: The Miracleman Companion” (2001, Twomorrows). It is 9” x 12” on thin paper and was created with colour pencils with white-out applied for highlighting effects.

This is what Alex Ross had to say about it in the Wizard Special, “I was an enormous fan of the Miracleman series, so this sketch of Miraclewoman is a sample I did for Eclipse before I did my story (for Miracleman: Apochrypha). Steve Totleben (the character’s first artist) gave her a Virgil Finlay style, and I was trying to stay in keeping with that”.

Based on existing pricing for such pieces by Alex Ross, I am accepting offers of US$1900.00 or above over the next week up till close of the day on Wednesday 1 September 2010 (Australian Western standard time).

If the piece does not attract any offers then I will try the eBay route.

I am also offering for sale (prices as marked) other pieces by:

John Byrne (Alpha Flight #16, Page 10, featuring Wolverine)

Bryan Hitch & Paul Neary (Boomer pin-up)

Phil Jimenez (Donna Troy One-Shot Page 4 featuring half-splash with Donna) and

There are also some other pieces which have been reduced in price in my “For Sale” CAF gallery.

All of the above (and some earlier pieces which have now been reduced in price) can be viewed here -

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=98896

If you have any queries, I can be contacted via roydster@yahoo.com I accept Paypal as a payment method and I ship all artwork flat in sealable plastic bags between 2 sheets of ½ inch thick foam core board which is taped securely.

Thanks for looking! Warm regards,

Royd

Thanks Terry :) Just been offline for a day or two while upgrading my internet service.

No offers yet for the Alex Ross piece which means I will likely try the ebay route next week sometime. Trying to raise funds to pay off my recent travels and start to save for next year :) Best,

Royd