• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK Forumites Assemble!!! (Let's talk about London)

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm going to London (UK) with my lovely girlfriend on November. We'll land on a Friday morning and come home next Monday morning too, so the timing is pretty tight. This is the first time that we're going and besides all the must see places, I don't know any comic/geek/weird/cool places to visit. My girlfriend is not a comic fan but she reads some titles from time to time, and I don't want to make a nerd trip out of it. Right now, I only plan to visit Forbidden Planet and maybe go nuts on a buying spree.

Any tips fellow members?

Thanks in advance.

Right now, I only plan to visit Forbidden Planet and maybe go nuts on a buying spree.

Any tips fellow members?

Thanks in advance.

Don't bother. FP is the worst comic outlet in the UK bar none.

There are plenty of good comic shops in London, as I'm sure F_T will tell you (thumbs u

Thanks for the replies guys.

On the other hand, any place to eat or drink something?. Not the expensive restaurants that you often visit! :devil:

Head to Soho for drinks...lots of good pubs in the area...The Old Coffee House, The Sun & Thirteen Cantons, The Blue Posts, The Clachan, The Warwick (5.00-8.00 happy hour...half price everything!)...and then wander to this place...

...where you can get a decent two course meal for £10.

(thumbs u

Hello!

I'm going to London (UK) with my lovely girlfriend on November. We'll land on a Friday morning and come home next Monday morning too, so the timing is pretty tight. This is the first time that we're going and besides all the must see places, I don't know any comic/geek/weird/cool places to visit. My girlfriend is not a comic fan but she reads some titles from time to time, and I don't want to make a nerd trip out of it. Right now, I only plan to visit Forbidden Planet and maybe go nuts on a buying spree.

Any tips fellow members?

Thanks in advance.

Get a grip.

London is one of the greatest cities on earth, and, surprisingly, it's not because of comic books.

Words fail me, but if the girlfriend's up for it, how about a "Jack the Ripper" tour that you can tie into the "From Hell" Alan Moore series.

Get that out of the way, and just get immersed in the terrific history of the place that is the "Mother of all Parliaments".

And that means yours too. :baiting:

I was in London this summer and agree that FP is a big waste of time! :mad:

As for places to drink....everywhere! Pubs, pubs and more pubs! I tried so many different ales it was amazing! :grin:

Have fun, it's one heck of a place to visit and I cannot wait to make it back!