• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chinese Action Figure Rip-Offs

14 posts in this topic

There is a mid-sized Chinese food restaurant in town that I enjoy eating at. On my way out today I saw a collection of "action figures" that they were selling. I wish I'd thought to take a picture of the toys themselves, but the writing on the boxes was fairly suggestive, so I snapped some photos to share the humor.

I should add that I think this Chinese company pretty much disregarded copyright laws because each box contained a ripoff of spider man, a power ranger, batman, superman, the hulk, and "power" man (?). Haha. But given that variety, they were pretty much all the same figure - except painted differently (but badly!).

103177.jpg.f171ece5437017dce8e3f2c56349aeb5.jpg

103178.jpg.f05976489b1f7f0470eea8c2e29cbca4.jpg

I always get a kick out of bootleg toys:

http://bootlegactionfigures.com/blog/

THIS JUSTICE MAN ON SKATEBOARD HASA AMAZING ''NON-FALL'' ACTION GO FORWARD & TURN RIGHT AUTOMATICALLY AS SOON AS HE COMES TO AN ''EDGE'' :roflmao:

The POLITIC PAT ''Poke'mon'' magnets are hilarious

& I love the (Mexican Style) Captain America! :insane:

When I was a teenager, Batman was on tv, Adam West, etc, and my

slightly older Uncle Rick worked at a Walmartish type store parttime,

and bought me some really cool Batman tshirts that had Captain America

wings where the Bat ears were supposed to be. Robin had blond hair.

When I was little my grandma took me to some Asian swap meet and bought me some rip off Ninja Turtle toys. I wish I still had them, or a picture of them. They were awesome. They looked like the flashback turtles on the cover of #9 with the full head cap, and I believe they had the same weapons as that issue too. I remember the billy club things and a three section staff.

Star Wars toys were infinitely bootlegged...you can see and read more here.

f_lapyscouta.jpg

f_palto.jpg

The joints of the caped figures couldn't be moved.

f_najstar.jpg

Chewbacca looks like a pug. :ohnoez:

Star Wars toys were infinitely bootlegged...you can see and read more here.

f_lapyscouta.jpg

f_palto.jpg

The joints of the caped figures couldn't be moved.

f_najstar.jpg

Chewbacca looks like a pug. :ohnoez:

Not only that, but from the looks of his cape he's from china! :o

They have tons of the GIJOE fakes because they where manufactured there like some of the other toys mentioned and people get hold of the plates/molds and make more.

I have seen on ebay boxes of fakes being sold at auction for Storm Shadow saying they are authentic.

I had some of those GI Joe fakes too. Or if not fakes then just an off brand because I think my dad got them for me in a K-Mart or something.

If they where from a store most likely Fun School.

Storm Shadow for example on the Fun School have a cheaper plastic and thicker bow string while the original has smaller bow string and better plastic. Also the skin tone is different and more yellow on the Fun School.