• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect Auction

53 posts in this topic

I wished they would make the auctions run shorter...24 days :P

Seriously, I'll be sure to set my alarm clock for September 20th. zzz

My books have always hits GPA or above on stuff that would never get that high on other well known auction sites. :baiting:

I gave them 30 of my books for this auction, and giving the others much less now to borderline none going forward.

Comic Connect pays a lot faster than one month, and their site is actually modern and attractive to customers.

My books have always hits GPA or above on stuff that would never get that high on other well known auction sites. :baiting:

How would they achieve that result? Do you think they have more bidders than the competition? I have a hard time believing that given the lack of material they often have as compared to the competition. At least that's true for Silver/Bronze Marvel, their Gold and DC selection may be immense, I don't search for that as much.

their site is actually modern and attractive to customers.

How so? As a web developer, I see dozens of stylistic issues with most auction sites...Heritage has come the closest I've seen to a really kick- search and listing format.

I will say that they have some spectacular books in this auction (Tec 29 6.0; Pep 22 5.0) :o

And I'm sure the reserves will be equally spectacular.

No reserve on the Pep #22. There is one on the Tec 29, but not on the spectacular #28 that they're offering.

What is guide for that Pep #22?

I will say that they have some spectacular books in this auction (Tec 29 6.0; Pep 22 5.0) :o

And I'm sure the reserves will be equally spectacular.

No reserve on the Pep #22. There is one on the Tec 29, but not on the spectacular #28 that they're offering.

What is guide for that Pep #22?

Guide is irrelevant on that comic. Latest edition says:

G $3200

VG $6400

FN $9600

VF $24,000

VF/NM $37,000

NM- $50,000

How so? As a web developer, I see dozens of stylistic issues with most auction sites...Heritage has come the closest I've seen to a really kick- search and listing format.

This is true. I write technical requirements for web based applications and there are several layout and functional problems with all the auction sites. (Including ebay...) I do think CConnect is quite ahead of Clink, but behind Heritage.

This is true. I write technical requirements for web based applications and there are several layout and functional problems with all the auction sites. (Including ebay...) I do think CConnect is quite ahead of Clink, but behind Heritage.

I must be in the minority as I do not mind all 3 sites and buy from all. I do think Heritage has the best site but then again Heritage is a much larger business as it deals with more than just comics so they should have more resources to invest in their site. In fact is not Heritage the 3rd largest auction company in the world now behind Christies and Sotherbies?

I must be in the minority as I do not mind all 3 sites and buy from all. I do think Heritage has the best site but then again Heritage is a much larger business as it deals with more than just comics so they should have more resources to invest in their site. In fact is not Heritage the 3rd largest auction company in the world now behind Christies and Sotherbies?

Yea, they are. I agree with everything you said, you're not in the minority, all the sites are mostly fine, and Heritage's is the best for the reason you pointed out, they've got the biggest budget and charge the most. My only functional complaint about any of them is scan size, and Heritage and ComicConnect have the best scans, with Heritage's being the best of the two by far. ComicLink will send you bigger ones if you ask, and Pedigree ignores my requests to date for larger scans, doesn't seem to matter even if it's a $50K book. :boo:

Yea, they are. I agree with everything you said, you're not in the minority, all the sites are mostly fine, and Heritage's is the best for the reason you pointed out, they've got the biggest budget and charge the most. My only functional complaint about any of them is scan size, and Heritage and ComicConnect have the best scans, with Heritage's being the best of the two by far. ComicLink will send you bigger ones if you ask, and Pedigree ignores my requests to date for larger scans, doesn't seem to matter even if it's a $50K book. :boo:

A number of years ago, Heritage made some adjustments to their scans. Now, even when blowing them up, the scans seem sub-par. Too blurry for my taste.

A number of years ago, Heritage made some adjustments to their scans. Now, even when blowing them up, the scans seem sub-par. Too blurry for my taste.

A bit, but they're HUGE and available forever.

Not at all. I use all three sites, I just think CLink is poorly laid out, and it's sort of bush league to force the users to bid on an item when they just want to watch it. They could easily change this if they desired. They should also provide back cover scans.