• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect Auction

53 posts in this topic

I tried Comiclink with great success, how is Comic Connect?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of times, they will extend the time when the item ends. I remember thinking I won a book and then the next thing, there are 30 minutes left in the auction. The time can be extended. Again, correct me if I'm wrong and it's actually some other selling site.

you are correct.

I believe they extend the lot by 5 minutes.

:gossip: 3 minutes

Has anyone bought a raw book from a Comic Connect auction? If so, is Metropolis's grading any better on CC than on their site?

Mike

I bought one a few days ago but it will take a while to get to Austria. Everything was fine so far, that's my first impression.

I have bought 6 raw comics now, and all 6 were given the same grade by cgc ...100% for me from CC

Has anyone bought a raw book from a Comic Connect auction? If so, is Metropolis's grading any better on CC than on their site?

Mike

I bought one a few days ago but it will take a while to get to Austria. Everything was fine so far, that's my first impression.

I have bought 6 raw comics now, and all 6 were given the same grade by cgc ...100% for me from CC

Hmm..I guess I'll try buying a raw book. Seems like their grading is ok.

Hmmm...... ?? I recognize alot of those Plas books from the Metropolis website

A great many of the books offered on CC are Metro stock

It doesn't even look like CC is an auction at all. Everything is just for sale for the same price as on the Metro site. I see they have a make offer tab, but still, thats not the same as bidding $1 and seeing if you get outbid

It doesn't even look like CC is an auction at all. Everything is just for sale for the same price as on the Metro site. I see they have a make offer tab, but still, thats not the same as bidding $1 and seeing if you get outbid

If you click on the tab that says "Event Auctions", you'll see the one running right now. You can usually tell Metro items as they have reserves on them. I will say that they have some spectacular books in this auction (Tec 29 6.0; Pep 22 5.0) :o

If you click on the tab that says "Event Auctions", you'll see the one running right now. You can usually tell Metro items as they have reserves on them. I will say that they have some spectacular books in this auction (Tec 29 6.0; Pep 22 5.0) :o

Well look at this page. Not a single offer even and the asking price is way more than its worth .......IMO

Police Comics Event Auctions

If any of those books were on CLINK or ebay they would have at least some kind of bidding action meh

Well look at this page. Not a single offer even and the asking price is way more than its worth .......IMO

If any of those books were on CLINK or ebay they would have at least some kind of bidding action meh

Only the first listing(the original art page) in that link is part of the event auction. Everything below it is their regular listings, not event.

I will say that they have some spectacular books in this auction (Tec 29 6.0; Pep 22 5.0) :o

And I'm sure the reserves will be equally spectacular.

No reserve on the Pep #22. There is one on the Tec 29, but not on the spectacular #28 that they're offering.

The first tab, All Listings, combines their Event Auction and their fixed price listings into one. Those Police comic are in their fixed price section, and like CLink's, can have rather high asking prices

The Detective #28 is an awesome book, and I haven't seen a Pep #20 that nice in a long time.

Does anyone know where the Tec #28 is from? I am just curious to see if it is the copy that sold in the Phil Weiss auction earlier this year - that was a nice looking copy as well if I recall.

The Detective #28 is an awesome book, and I haven't seen a Pep #20 that nice in a long time.

Does anyone know where the Tec #28 is from? I am just curious to see if it is the copy that sold in the Phil Weiss auction earlier this year - that was a nice looking copy as well if I recall.

It is that copy

Some really nice books came out of that collection that Weiss auctioned

It was one of their first auctions, maybe their first, when they found out their server couldn't handle the load. A lot of people put in last minute bids and then found out they extended the auction. I know I lost out on a book I thought I had won, as did a lot of people.

They shut down the Metropolis site during the auction closings now and haven't suffered the same problem since. But it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Regardless, I've bought a number of books in their auctions (all graded) and the service is good.

I haven't bid since that screwup...it's the only reason I don't currently own a high grade FF #2, I didn't even know they had extended the auctions. I won a CGC 9.2, then found out two days later I hadn't. :mad::mad: That copy got flipped within months on ComicLink for about $3K more. :eyeroll:

It is that copy

You know..... this group keeps a pretty close tab on the old comic book market. Isn't it kinda "not a good thing " to have everyone know where a book is...... if you own some old gold good stuff. I wouldn't wanna buy some nice book and have everybody and their brother know that I have it . Just sayin .... hm

It is that copy

You know..... this group keeps a pretty close tab on the old comic book market. Isn't it kinda "not a good thing " to have everyone know where a book is...... if you own some old gold good stuff. I wouldn't wanna buy some nice book and have everybody and their brother know that I have it . Just sayin .... hm

I think it all depends on the personality of the collector...some collectors love to show off and some don't. Other than one or 2 books, I tend to keep what I bought or have to myself. There is nothing wrong with people that post their new acquisitions just as there is nothing wrong with people that want to tweet. I don't tweet and I don't use facebook. I do enjoy looking at other people's collection so keep posting away folks (thumbs u

It is that copy

I never stated who bought it, (although I'm pretty sure I know) but there are only a few unrestored copies, so it's fairly easy to keep tabs on rare books. The next buyer of the book may squirrel it away in their collection never to surface for many years.

I will say that they have some spectacular books in this auction (Tec 29 6.0; Pep 22 5.0) :o

And I'm sure the reserves will be equally spectacular.

No reserve on the Pep #22. There is one on the Tec 29, but not on the spectacular #28 that they're offering.

Cool. From Angelo's post, I had the impression they were Metro's own books.