• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Fan Fest - lots of pics added

57 posts in this topic

Thank you for posting the pictures! It is great to be able to put faces to names. Had I known Marco looked like such a hoodlum I would never have bought any books from him (ha, ha). :jokealert:

And one last shot for today: the venerable Ernest Borgnine.

The man is [font:Arial Black]93 years old,[/font] and looked absolutely fantastic! Have to hand it to him for having the energy to do these show appearances.

DSC_0104.jpg

Hey! It's Mermaid Man!!

Wow. Ghost town around here this weekend. Hope someone out there enjoyed the pics.

:hi:

I did. Thanks for taking those! It certainly seems like they could have used more floor space. :eek:

Great report, Andrew! Did you get any good books?

Nah. A grand total of ONE book for $25. And I only bought that because I felt like I had to buy SOMETHING.

It was the usual Toronto suspects at this show, and since I've been through their inventory at every one-day Toronto show in the past year, plus Wizard World, there wasn't much of interest for me.

Lots modern stuff, lots of trade PB and HC dealers, lots of raw semi-high grade bronze stuff (but very little raw stuff that was high enough grade to be slab-worthy), and a couple of high grade gold/silver dealers (Harley, Graham Crackers). A few of the other dealers had an assortment of HG silver, but nothing I was looking for.

It was a memorable weekend, if you weren't frustrated by the lines and crowds, but I doubt I'll go next year.

I'll have to watch Marco's video. I didn't arrive til after 2pm.

That must have been because you didn't start standing in line until around 8:37 AM :insane:

Jim

lol

I think I must have been the only person who walked straight in on Saturday. No wait whatsoever. I kept hearing about the show floor being closed, but I used the VIP entrance via the Intercontinental, flashed my pass, and was in. Then I headed straight up the escalator.

(shrug)

YO! It was so awesome to meet you guys at the show, and especially drewincanada and bruno_s4 at the Stan Lee Meet and Greet. I had a pretty awesome time at the show, evidenced by my going way over budget.