• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most sought-after Copper Age Batman books

153 posts in this topic

One of my all-time favorites (okay, maybe two) is Batman: The Cult.

I just love the artwork and story. I have two raw sets stored away for my sons, so these go on the market to make room. Otherwise, they'd be locked away.

And someone asked me recently wasn't this a totally weak story. Heck no!!

BatmanTC1s.jpg

OK, OK, now I have to go out and get one of those too.

You should!

I made it a goal to have every single copper Joker cover (from the Tec and Bat titles) in 9.8 or up

Now I wish someone could tell me if there are recorded 9.9s or 10s from all these issues

bat451.gif

One of my favorite Joker covers!

And it's partner. I really should resub this.

Batman450-1.jpg

This was a great two-parter. I still remember when these issues came out!

I should see if my OO copies are slab-worthy... hm

tec504.jpg

One of my favorite early 80s Detective covers although I am not sure if it is Copper, I believe it is more very late Bronze possibly? Besides this confusion I love this Joker cover. Plus its Starlin and only like 7 others tied for the higest graded!

hey RMA, do you think bats 436 is worth stockpiling if cheap enough? OPG has it for not much, presumably because everyone and his/her cousin bought 5 copies, just wondering your thoughts?

tec572.jpg

here is a issue that is destined to rocket it value cause of that beautiful Tec 27 in the background. The highest graded copy (along with only 7 other copies). Tec 27 baby... (:

was there another detective issue besides 387 that had a tec 27 in the background?

The only other Bat book I know to have it is Bat 100. and look how those books have gone in 9.8

That ball game is way out of my league :cry: