• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor man's Tec-copies

16 posts in this topic

If your talking about Detective 27's as far as the last 6 months I am aware of

complete coverless sold at SDCC

Jerry Robinson coverless missing a non batman page

The very incomplete copy that just sold on clink

Gator might know of others but that is all I am aware of.

James G

If your talking about Detective 27's as far as the last 6 months I am aware of

complete coverless sold at SDCC

Jerry Robinson coverless missing a non batman page

The very incomplete copy that just sold on clink

Gator might know of others but that is all I am aware of.

James G

those are the same 3 I am familiar with in the past 2 months...

there was another coverless copy, complete, that sold in Jan of this year, I believe...

And I'm pretty sure it probably takes MUCH more than a poor man to go after one of these white whales.

I called them "Poor man's Actions" and "Poor man's Tecs". Maybe we should start calling them "Middle Class Tecs" or "Middle Class Actions". ;)

Oh - it was you who coined them so - touché.

How about this one:

Poor mans Tec = extensive, low grade plods

Upper-middle class tecs = slight-mod HG plods

Uber rich Tecs = universal grade beaters

A deal? :devil:

lol I dunno... I'd like to consider myself middle-class but in no way able to take a stab at even a partially complete Tec 27. I broke into the VERY low 4-figure range one time for my AF 15 and seriously doubt I'll ever make the jump into that range again.

While I'm sure other middle-class members' budgets might allow for it... I'd still argue that books like that are still geared mainly for upper-middle class (but perhaps that's just me quibbling).

Here's as poor as you can get. $650 a couple years ago. Missing the back cover and Matt Nelson removed the stuck paper (as best he could) caused by a another book that was laying on top of it for 50 years. Looks like Bob is peeking through the logo hehe.

DCGOLDdetective30A.jpg

DCGOLDDETECTIVE30REVAMPED.jpg

Here's as poor as you can get. $650 a couple years ago. Missing the back cover and Matt Nelson removed the stuck paper (as best he could) caused by a another book that was laying on top of it for 50 years. Looks like Bob is peeking through the logo hehe.

DCGOLDdetective30A.jpg

Wow, nice book! :applause:

Tec 30 is certainly one of the toughest Pre-Robins to locate, in an grade.

Looks like Matt did a pretty good job on removing the paper there. :headbang:

DCGOLDdetective30A.jpg

A Pre-Robin Tec is a Pre-Robin Tec.

As Bat-Man mentioned, Tec #30's are quite hard to come by.

I'd say you got a "steal of a deal" for only $650. (thumbs u

If that's the #30 I'm thinking of, you likely won it in one of Brent's QC auctions a few years ago (I was an underbidder), and I won my #32 in the same auction. When the auctions were over I kicked myself a bit for not going harder after the #30, but... nice to see it cleaned up well and found a good home. (thumbs u

If that's the #30 I'm thinking of, you likely won it in one of Brent's QC auctions a few years ago (I was an underbidder), and I won my #32 in the same auction. When the auctions were over I kicked myself a bit for not going harder after the #30, but... nice to see it cleaned up well and found a good home. (thumbs u

Cool info! Where there any other Pre-Robins in that auction?

Actually, I got the 30 from Tyler at Raregoldenage through Ebay. Maybe he won it at Brent's auction. Matt asked if I wanted to go all out with the resto, but I told him I didn't see the point since I didn't have the back cover. I think he did a great job too, considering the fact that the paper was stuck tight on the cover :cloud9:

There might have been another coverless one or two, can't remember... but none of the "big dogs" of the run (#27, #29, #31 etc). I was delighted to win the #32 though, among other books... I think this was when Brent was just starting to run his auctions and didn't have quite the audience he has now.

There might have been another coverless one or two, can't remember... but none of the "big dogs" of the run (#27, #29, #31 etc). I was delighted to win the #32 though, among other books... I think this was when Brent was just starting to run his auctions and didn't have quite the audience he has now.

etc = Tec #33 :grin: