• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic Con--Official SS Facilitator--Accepting Submissions--Bring Em On!

156 posts in this topic

UPDATE-

THERE WILL BE NO TODD MCFARLANE CGC SIGNATURE SERIES BOOKS DONE AT THE NEW YORK COMIC CON.

AT ALL.

:(

Sean, he's still signing books for people though, right? Any stipulations that you've heard of?

Yeah-

So far I have heard that he is doing a signing with Image at the show.

Just not for CGC SS.

Best,

Sean

UPDATE-

THERE WILL BE NO TODD MCFARLANE CGC SIGNATURE SERIES BOOKS DONE AT THE NEW YORK COMIC CON.

AT ALL.

:(

Why not?

Cause McFars a super stinge.

I definitely do not agree with this statement. Personally I have no problem respecting a creator's wishes.

I am SURE the time will come when he will sign for CGC SS again.

Best,

Sean

I know I know I know

tis a sarcastic remark my friend.

I too respect his choice in the matter however I do wish he would be just a tad more involved when it came to the cgc aspect.

My honest apologies for my bad humor if you didn't take it how I meant it, jokingly....

Rich

Finally I know my books have been received in NY by Sean so all is looking good. Not as many SLEES as originally planned but it will be nice 2 get some JRJR action into the mix especially on some of the cool Hobgoblin & Juggernaut covers!!!!!!

& Stan Lee on ASM#201 & 202 with the Punisher as well as 220 with Moon Knight......

I can't even wait!!!!!!

Rich

No Frank Miller requests.

Deadline is today.

Thanks very much for all of the submissions! I love my clients! Especially the ones who mail me their stuff by deadline on time! ;)

Best

Sean

PS this will be my last event for this year. I will make sure that the Mike Lilly op gets finished!!!!! Thank you to everyone who has mailed in books and supported me. I enjoy being a facilitator and hope I can cook up some good opportunities for next year!

Hey LJB! I've been good, hopefully you too...

:hi:

NY Comics is hooking me up with a couple Frank Miller sigs for my CGC SS collection...

:jokealert:

I am hoping to have a few of my favorite Marvel contributors of today sign a Marvels Project blank, people like Brian Michael Bendis, JrJr, J. Michael Straczynski & Jeph Loeb...

I just saw that Jim Shooter, Bob Budiansky & Robert Kirkman were all just added to the guest list so hopefully it's not too late and the good fellows at NY Comics will let me add them to the list :wishluck:

Talk soon...

PM me anytime focker!

:kidaround:

I just want to announce that I do alot better NOT screwing up your submissions when you write all that info on the submission form. That is the best way to go about it. If you PM me it could very well get forgotten and not translated into the final product......

:)

Fill out those submission forms people! lol

Wow Wow Wow.......

That was the craziest past week of my comic book career!

Joe Simon signing and sketches! A Stan Lee signing on Wednesday before the con! Then 3 days of pure insanity!

I will start with the negatives because that is the worst part-

--Stan Lee signed over 1 Joe Simon sig.

--Gene Colan signed over 1 Joe Simon sig (slightly)

--A tiny bit of color smudge ocurred from books being stacked on top of each other. (Not bad at all in my opinion.)

--Less than 5 out of 200 Stan Lee sigs had a tiny smudge because they got signed quickly and stacked. (One of which was mine)

--It was tricky to get all of my Romita Jr sigs and Bendis sigs done. Both had HUGE lines all weekend and limits on the amount of books.

--I also missed Tony Daniel and the Morning Glories guys....A few other sigs off the top of my head.....1 Jim Lee book got missed....Jeph Loeb and Geoff Johns were tricky.

The positives

--We had great interactions with the creators and continue to develop excellent working relationships. NO ALTERCATIONS. WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!

--My guys worked their @sses off and did such a killer job.

--Huge thanks to Mike Lilly whose booth we stashed our boxes at all weekend which ENABLED us to work out of Artist Alley (clutch)

--I am doing a mail away with Ben Templesmith for sketches......if you are interested PM me right away!!!

--Keep your eyes peeled for a Romita Sr/Jr signing hopefully on the horizon.

--Mike Lilly was hand selected by Stan Lee to do the art on a new project. I really hope this will propell him up the ladder. He told me he is gonna go into Marvel next for some work. The guy finished like 2-3 commissions tops the WHOLE show. I have not seen an artist so busy with meetings. After some firm ribbing I have a solid committment he will finish my op by Thanksgiving......trust me though he definitely KNOWS how bad everyone wants em and they will be studio quality pieces.

**I Believe that lots of my clients will be happy. If there is something that ends up bugging you please by all means contact me via PM and I would love to work it out with you. By all means I do not want unhappy clients. I just ask that you all understand the amount of work and effort this weekend was....I am so beat.**

All the best,

Sean

:cool: