• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 129 CGC 9.2

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just put this book up on eBay. I've also included a few other #1 Punisher issues.

Thanks for Looking!

Also, I noticed something odd when listing the mini series. The number one says "#1 in a four issue mini series". Number two says "#2 in a five issue mini series".

Does anyone know how many issues there were? Did they just up the number of issues between #1 and #2, or was one of these a mistake?

Thanks for looking at my auctions!

Tim

Thanks. Do you know if all the number ones printed like that, or just a few?

They were all like that, and I believe that it was originally 4 and then Grant changed it to 5. You'll notice that Zeck bowed out when his original commitment was done.

Hi Goldust,

I've had many problems trying to ship/receive International. Maybe I've been doing it wrong, but something always gets [!@#%^&^] up. Either it ends up costing me more to ship it than I charged, the package gets lost or damaged. Too many forms to fill out, etc.

If you know of an easy, reliable way to do it, I would consider it on this auction (not on my others, as I've already said "no" to Int bidders).

Tim

It's stating the obvious that the chances of something going wrong in transit are greatly increased when items are shipped internationally.

Having said that, out of the hundreds of packages I've had sent to me from the U.S. only one has gone missing (i.e. it was never sent), and that was from a crooked, and now NARU'd seller.

I prefer to play safe, and also accept / understand the misgivings and insecurity felt by sellers shipping from the U.S. to the U.K. With a book like the ASM 129, it's always best to go with an insured and speedy service like Global Express. Insurance is paramount.

Apart from that, if the package is sufficiently buffered/boxed/taped against destructive forces, the item won't get damaged (but I'm sure I'm preaching to the initiated here).

My auctions historically only ship to the U.S., but someone just BIN'd my ASM #45. I told him that as long as he foots the bill for expedited, insured delivery with tracking, that he could purchase the book. He lives in Australia. I'll post back my experience after I ship and he's received the book.

Bottom line that I'm discovering: As long as you have a customer, and it isn't increasing risk/anxiety, go the extra mile. thumbsup2.gif

So, is Global Express a service that the USPS offers, or is it a different company like FedEx? If it's a USPS service, I would be willing to give it a shot if you want to bid. If it's some other comany, I would rather not, as it would require me to go somewhere other than the Post Office. Either way, thanks for your interest.

Tim

So, is Global Express a service that the USPS offers, or is it a different company like FedEx? If it's a USPS service, I would be willing to give it a shot if you want to bid. If it's some other comany, I would rather not, as it would require me to go somewhere other than the Post Office. Either way, thanks for your interest.

Tim

Yes, Global Express is offered by USPS, you can insure packages using it, and there's a tracking number so you can follow it's progress on-line.

After years of being confounded by varying rates, rules, and regulations when attempting to ship internationally, I've come to the conclusion that this is the best way to go on expensive international shipments. The rates start out pretty high ($15-20), but the incremental rate on heavier packages (after the initial $15-20) isn't that bad. Bottom line - if the buyer is willing to pay for it, it's the way to go. You'll need to fill out the regular domestic Express Mail label, including the recipients phone number, and I would suggest packaging the item and taking it to the PO to get an exact shipping quote until you become comfortable/familiar with using the service. Good luck! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the info guys. I will give it a try. I'll see if I can edit the auction to say that I'll allow International bidders, but even if I can't, you are welcome to bid goldust. If you win, I'll get the total shipping cost from USPS after the auction, and will email it to you before you pay, so please don't pay from the Paypal invoice. Thanks!

Thanks for the info guys. I will give it a try. I'll see if I can edit the auction to say that I'll allow International bidders, but even if I can't, you are welcome to bid goldust. If you win, I'll get the total shipping cost from USPS after the auction, and will email it to you before you pay, so please don't pay from the Paypal invoice. Thanks!

No problem!! hi.gif

I had a lot of UK bidders on my last set of auctions (goldust included - kudos!) and you will undoubtedly end up with higher bids by allowing international bidders. As a buyer, I like to see "will ship in the US only" auctions as the bidder pool is restricted, but as a seller...I've never excluded our foreign friends!!

thumbsup2.gif No problem. I'd rather pay the extra s&h for expensive items for peace of mind - it's the sensible option. I'll place the auction on my watch list now.........