• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Yellow Claw 3

16 posts in this topic

I made my first eBay purchase in a long time and it arrived today. I had given up taking chances with raw books, but you this one appears so infrequently in anything over VG that I went for it. As you can see, the defects are: slight miscut, CB creases on the spine and the LRHC missing. According to the OSGG, small pieces missing are not permitted above VG, but this still seemed like a nice F- (sellers grade) to me.

YellowClaw3.jpg

The seller didn't disclose that there is light tanning along the bottom of the interior covers and pages as well as a dust shadow on the back, but OS allows this in a Fine. In general I would be pretty happy except for the piece missing from the back cover. :doh:

YellowClaw3B.jpg

According to Overstreet this is barely a Good with a piece of this size missing. I have to admit that the comic looks a lot better than some beat up VGs I have seen even with the piece missing and I am hard pressed to make up my mind on the grade. Is it a VG/F because it is very nice other than the piece missing or is it a Good?

Mike

Tough to grade technically. I certainly wouldn't sell it for any less than 5.0 guide.....CGC might give it a 4.0 considering how nice the rest of the book is.....although that's a book that should NEVER be in a slab, far too cool for that. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That is a very nice book.I have seen many 4.0s with a corner missing from the front cover,and since it is on the back (thumbs u I would tend to agree on 4.0

It really is a very nice presentable book.

I don't know what it sold for.....but if it was in the fine neighborhood of OSPG....I'd probably be happy, even though the tech grade is less. I actually like books like this. Metro sold me a Venus 17 that was kind of like this as a 5.0......the gloss and flatness more than made up for the flaws. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

As long as it is not trimmed or brittle, it's eye-appeal is extremely nice -and I can see valuing in the 4.5/5.0 neighborhood, even if technically it didn't get there.

Based on the price you paid, I'd be happy with it unless you suspect trimming.

I dont think CGC really lowers the grade too much for marvel chipping,could be wrong.

That Hulk #1 has Marvel chunking though. No way is that book a 4.0 - though white pages could give it a boost - but even so 2.5 tops. That's about almost as big a grading error as the infamous Action #1 2.5 with a big chunk out of the cover and mold spotting.