• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does This Look Like a CGC 9.4?

116 posts in this topic

But you are a liar.

Coming from someone who makes judgement calls on people they have never met (which is lucky for a skinny boy like yourself), I'll take that as a compliment. thumbsup2.gif

I'm planning on putting you on my ignore list for the sake of the boards, but YOU'RE THREATENING ME? This is the second time you've stooped to threatening me. Do I really get under your skin that bad that you have to threaten me with physical violence?

And while I'm here, did you miss it the last time you made a comment about how "skinny" I was?

Here's my reply from this thread

As for my arms, what the hell is that all about? Do you HAVE to stoop to stereotypes and insults to get yourself through the day?

Anyway, who cares if I did have thin arms? If I did would that suddenly mean you're not a royal jerk? It would have no bearing on the topic at hand. And, since you brought it up, I'm no bodybuilder so no Hammer jokes, but I lift weights three times a week. I also do wu style tai chi daily, swim 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile twice a week, run a couple of miles on the treadmill (I have one in my apartment) three times a week, do Pilates (with my certified Pilates instructor girlfriend) on Mondays and hike, bike and/ or snow shoe whenever the weather is right. So, you can file that "thin arms" comment next to the rest of the imaginary [!@#%^&^] you spread around here.

By the way, Mr. Hypocrite, you should be happy I don't go as ballistic with this comment on my physical appearance as you did when Joanna said a fictional character based on you was fat. I remember that. It was like someone had jabbed a hot poker in your eye, the outrage you showed about being, twice removed, associated with someone who was fat.

So you have met?

Rob can still type, so the answer would be NO! 27_laughing.gif

Oooh scary! Another threat! You're on a roll now! I'm quaking in my boots! I'll never be able to leave the house again, big bad Vince is coming to get me!

So you have met?

Oooh scary! Another threat! You're on a roll now! I'm quaking in my boots! I'll never be able to leave the house again, big bad Vince is coming to get me!

You'll know you've gotten to him once he starts sending you the PMs... It's bliss. cloud9.gif

So you have met?

You'll know you've gotten to him once he starts sending you the PMs... It's bliss. cloud9.gif

So that's the final frontier. Maybe he'll flip out and send me a couple before he gets strike #2.

So you have met?

So that's the final frontier. Maybe he'll flip out and send me a couple before he gets strike #2.

Good luck! I've kept mine right alongside the Hammer Files and all the myriad dirty propositions I get from Greggy. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Since no one owns the book we can't tell if there's blunting or if the overflash has just bent over without creasing or damage- which CGC doesn't really downgrade for... How are we supposed to learn anything about CGC's inconsistency if we can't even figure out if they're actually being inconsistent in the first place? It just seems like a typical JC "let's find something to tear down" witch-hunt; which, I'll be the first to admit, annoyed me. I'm human. I make mistakes. Posting in this thread was probably one of them.

I can appreciate where you are coming from on this one Rob, and I wasn't really trying to get at you in particular with my earler comments. I just find it very frustrating that nearly every thread on the boards that has the potential to lay out good arguments from both sides of the debate ends up going down the same route of increasingly personal insults being fired back and forth. foreheadslap.gif

I guess by now I should expect it though, and just try to extract the good stuff. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

Re: Does This Look Like a CGC 9.4?

This book is, without comment or hesitation, a CGC 9.4. Whether or not YOU agree with the grading is [!@#%^&^] irrelevant.

It has A GREAT BIG 9.4 SLAPPED ON THE TOP OF THE BOOK. Therefore, IT IS A CGC 9.4

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

This book is, without comment or hesitation, a CGC 9.4. Whether or not YOU agree with the grading is [!@#%^&^] irrelevant.

It has A GREAT BIG 9.4 SLAPPED ON THE TOP OF THE BOOK. Therefore, IT IS A CGC 9.4

But....is it NM?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But....is it NM?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

NM/NM- (9.3)

thumbsup2.gif

Nice corners and page quality on the CGC 9.8 #126 above. But a 9.8 on a modern book with a miscut (code is cutoff) and a shifted fold at the spine? Also what appears like a partial spine roll, the cover and following pages shifting upward at the bottom right?? foreheadslap.gif

Also, the small size on the Dare-devil #187 looks to be from scanner-image cropping rather than it being trimmed.