• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alpha Flight #1 Thoughts??? ****SPOILERS******

14 posts in this topic

Holy Major Maple Leaf!!!!!???? Are we suppose to be taking the new Alpha Flight seriously or is this a joke by Marvel and the real Alpha Flight #1 is coming out next week? I doubt this new series makes it to issue # 10. What's with the chick called Nemesis who looks like Deadpool? What are the powers of the 90 something guy as well as the God-like guy whose name is hard to pronounce? Lastly, what is the deal with Bargirl? What a stupid bunch of characters!

Nemesis was a character designed by John Byrne for the original run of Alpha Flight - she was around long before Deadpool showed his ugly mug. She showed up in a two-part story with Northstar and Aurora (Vol. 1 #8-9? maybe?)

I picked up the new #1 again this morning to look at it and experienced another extended feeling of revulsion that has not as yet subsided - hours after the experience. Major Maple Leaf...?

I can still smell the stink. It would be lucky to reach 10 issues. I'll be surprised if it goes more than 6.

Kev

I seriously thought it was a joke. What the heck is Marvel thinking? confused-smiley-013.gif Did they kill off Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Vindicator etc...? Why wouldn't they just bring back some of those characters instead of inventing a bunch of new stupid ones? I honestly can't see how they will save this comic after they started it out like this. I can only hope they put more thought into the new Iron Fist and She-Hulk comics.

Holy Major Maple Leaf!!!!!???? Are we suppose to be taking the new Alpha Flight seriously or is this a joke by Marvel and the real Alpha Flight #1 is coming out next week? I doubt this new series makes it to issue # 10. What's with the chick called Nemesis who looks like Deadpool? What are the powers of the 90 something guy as well as the God-like guy whose name is hard to pronounce? Lastly, what is the deal with Bargirl? What a stupid bunch of characters!

I agree with all of you!!

That%20stinks.gif

One of the worse comic books I have ever made myself read...

My vote: bin it, sell it, give it away... if the other books in your collection see this comic their pages will start to tan!

One of the worse comic books I have ever made myself read...

My vote: bin it, sell it, give it away... if the other books in your collection see this comic their pages will start to tan!

And what the [!@#%^&^] with this All New All Diferent?

its [!@#%^&^]

Absolutely terrible. Don't touch this one with a 10 foot hockey stick...

Ah, you mean a three-meter hockey stick, eh?

Actually its a 3.048 Meter hockey stick

Absolutely terrible. Don't touch this one with a 10 foot hockey stick...

Ah, you mean a three-meter hockey stick, eh?

27_laughing.gif You said "eh" ! 27_laughing.gif

I'm allowed, since my family is from Ontario. It's my native tongue.

I'm also allowed to shop at Canadian Tire, eat butter tarts and Tim Horton's donuts (or better yet, Country Style), put vinegar on french fries, and then use the washroom to clean my hands when they run out of serviettes. And I know what a "looney" really is (no comic-keys jokes here, please!). And a "'tooney".