• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, what's the lowdown on DC?

58 posts in this topic

I think golden age DC is still my favorite. Action, Adventure, All American, All Flash, All Star, Batman,

Comic Cavalcade, Detective, Flash, Green Lantern, More Fun, Sensation, Superman, Wonder Woman and Worlds Finest

are what I look for first. Then Timely and Catman and Ducks and all the rest.

2232222806_f0a0e8db21_z.jpg

I blame my addiction on Roy and Jerry.

I think golden age DC is still my favorite. Action, Adventure, All American, All Flash, All Star, Batman,

Comic Cavalcade, Detective, Flash, Green Lantern, More Fun, Sensation, Superman, Wonder Woman and Worlds Finest

are what I look for first. Then Timely and Catman and Ducks and all the rest.

2232222806_f0a0e8db21_z.jpg

I blame my addiction on Roy and Jerry.

:applause:

DC comics are hyped by older collectors who remember having to actually dial a telephone number and are still confused by those new-fangled ZIP Codes :baiting:

I used to have a dial phone on the wall which amazed my son's friends who had never seen one. And yes they were hyped by older fans but not as effectively as the second generation Marvel Zombies. :makepoint:

discuss

They went all in for the caped superheroes. Probably just a flash in the pan.

DC comics are hyped by older collectors who remember having to actually dial a telephone number and are still confused by those new-fangled ZIP Codes :baiting:

I used to have a dial phone on the wall which amazed my son's friends who had never seen one. And yes they were hyped by older fans but not as effectively as the second generation Marvel Zombies. :makepoint:

marvel :sick:

Was DC the most prolific Golden Age publisher?
indubitably

:acclaim: That's a big word for a Florida grad (worship)

I believe you're right. The only potential challenger as usual would be Dell but they didn't have as many series as DC I believe but were putting out long-running series: Famous Funnies, Popular, Tip Top, Crackajack, ... but after a serious accounting, I can still see DC ahead.

Was DC the most prolific Golden Age publisher?
indubitably

:acclaim: That's a big word for a Florida grad (worship)

I believe you're right. The only potential challenger as usual would be Dell but they didn't have as many series as DC I believe but were putting out long-running series: Famous Funnies, Popular, Tip Top, Crackajack, ... but after a serious accounting, I can still see DC ahead.

Atlas far outpaced them during the time they published but I don't think it was enough for them to catch up to DC.