• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever seen an old Batbike?

34 posts in this topic

I had that same bike, except not the Batman version and mine had a lower sissy bar and the shifter was round on top, and I believe they came out for the Christmas 1967 season. By 1969,Batmania was a thing of the past. That plastic Batman doesn't look vintage, and I don't recall my friends bike having either that, the wheelie bar or the high sissybar. He had his in June 1968.

BATBIKE.jpg

This one's up for auction in an estate sale tomorrow & I'm wondering what it's worth... any ideas?

I was at a huge Batman auction back in June. The woman who collected them had everything, all in immaculate collection. She had one of these assembled and two unassembled in prisitine shape, in their original shipping boxes. My recollection is that they went for about 6-700 total.

This collection was huge, and there were guys dropping 10's of 1000's on stuff, especially the tin Batmobiles.

All I got was a few music boxes and a Batman pinball machine.

I had a 70's Stingray. I got it for free as a kid. I guess it had been hanging from the ceiling in the garage of a distant relative since her kids got too old for it. Being a kid I didn't realize how rare and valuable all those parts were and I promptly threw them away when I stripped the bike down to the frame :cry:

I have owned a handful of classic bikes since then but nothing 100% original :(

It was around 1969 that I customized my bike with fork extensions and a front mini-wheel

Ironically enough, Bob Storms and I were talking about this very thing at WW Chicago a few weeks ago. We had seen a guy wheeling a rather garishly tricked out Bat-bike around the con, and began to harken back to days of our youth

BATBIKE.jpg

This one's up for auction in an estate sale tomorrow & I'm wondering what it's worth... any ideas?

I was at a huge Batman auction back in June. The woman who collected them had everything, all in immaculate collection. She had one of these assembled and two unassembled in prisitine shape, in their original shipping boxes. My recollection is that they went for about 6-700 total.

This collection was huge, and there were guys dropping 10's of 1000's on stuff, especially the tin Batmobiles.

All I got was a few music boxes and a Batman pinball machine.

Thanks for the info! (thumbs u

It's worth alot! Very rare item for sure. :o

Even the center batman emblem(which is usually gone) is present. (thumbs u

And the emblem is upside down....we know what that's done for the value of stamps. lol

lol Can't say much for the person who assembled it. (shrug)

lol