• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: And virtually guaranteed to offend...

20 posts in this topic

Okay, so Viking Kittens is clearly awesome...

And the Quizno's Spongemonkeys (which debuted in "We Love The Moon") are certainly disturbing...

But I think Joel Veitch may have outdone himself with this latest creation.

Virtually guaranteed to both offend and disturb, you have been warned... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Sumo Florist

Light, it was you who 'recommended' the film "True Story," aka "Bun Man," right? Well, I rented it despite your warnings and learned the hard way what a freakish little flick it is smile.gif So I'll heed your warning this time and steer clear of this one...!

BTW, I've been renting some very bizarre documentaries lately, which in some ways are far scarier than "Bun Man": one called "Hell House" about devout religious groups in the mid-west staging "real-world" houses of horror around Halloween (e.g., themed rooms devoted to abortion, drug experimentation, etc. instead of ghosts and goblins), and another called "The Devil's Playground" about Amish teens experiencing "Rumspringa," the period in which they get to check out the modern world while deciding if the Amish life is for them. I highly recommend both of these.

Light, it was you who 'recommended' the film "True Story," aka "Bun Man," right? Well, I rented it despite your warnings and learned the hard way what a freakish little flick it is smile.gif So I'll heed your warning this time and steer clear of this one...!

BTW, I've been renting some very bizarre documentaries lately, which in some ways are far scarier than "Bun Man": one called "Hell House" about devout religious groups in the mid-west staging "real-world" houses of horror around Halloween (e.g., themed rooms devoted to abortion, drug experimentation, etc. instead of ghosts and goblins), and another called "The Devil's Playground" about Amish teens experiencing "Rumspringa," the period in which they get to check out the modern world while deciding if the Amish life is for them. I highly recommend both of these.

Nope... wasn't me... confused-smiley-013.gif

The only two truly odd films you will find me "recommending" on a regular basis are "Girl In A Swing" and "Je Tu Il Elle"....

When I saw the first one in the theater, the entire crowd remained seated through the entire credits and for a full 90 seconds after the houselights came up before anyone even moved. Then a guy about three rows in front of me stood up, turned around, and asked the crowd "Did ANYONE understand that?" No one replied, so he got up and left. About 10 seconds later someone else got up and followed, then another. We all shuffled out of the theater in dead silence...

The second movie I rented about a decade ago after reading the box which indicated it was nominated for Best Foreign Film and included sexual content. I defy anyone to actually WATCH the first 20 minutes of the movie without pressing the fast forward button. Best use of a pitch black screen and muffled shuffling sounds ever in the history of filmmaking. And I will never look at a bag of sugar the same way again...

Screw you terp!

National Championship Count:

Gary Williams - 1

Roy Williams - 0

Head-to-Head Record in National Championship Games:

Gary Williams - 1-0

Roy Williams - 0-1

grin.gif

Screw you terp!

Gary Williams - 1

Roy Williams - 0

Gary Williams - 1-0

Roy Williams - 0-1

grin.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Screw you terp!

Gary Williams - 1

Roy Williams - 0

Gary Williams - 1-0

Roy Williams - 0-1

grin.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

He failed because of the Hack's legacy. You guys only won in 1988 due to cheating! ooo.gif

Screw you terp!

Gary Williams - 1

Roy Williams - 0

Gary Williams - 1-0

Roy Williams - 0-1

grin.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

He failed because of the Hack's legacy. You guys only won in 1988 due to cheating! ooo.gif

And now he has brought the virus to YOUR pathetic program! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You'll see. The 'Hacks are going to win it all in '06! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Screw you terp!

Gary Williams - 1

Roy Williams - 0

Gary Williams - 1-0

Roy Williams - 0-1

grin.gif

And now he has brought the virus to YOUR pathetic program! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You'll see. The 'Hacks are going to win it all in '06! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Only if Bill decides to hire some star player's dad as an assistant even though he is seriously underqualified! cool.gif

What's so offensive about it? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

the music/lyrics...

the fact that "they" chose to pick on Jamie Lee Curtis because she was born with a johnson...

the sumo treatment -- a one-two punch towards Curtis's decision to deconstruct the ideals of beauty by "letting herself go"...

the flash is horrible...

need any more affirming proof that this is offensive? tonofbricks.gif