• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet 2 on ComicConnect

73 posts in this topic

There is the beautiful Larson copy of Planet 2 coming up on ComicConnect. They have it listed as a 9.0 with a reserve. I've looked at it and noticed it has some stains on the back cover. I don't think it would make a 9.0, maybe 7.5 or 8.0. I'd love to hear others' opinions on the grade.

Bigger Scan Here

pla1.766a.jpg

pla1.766b.jpg

There is the beautiful Larson copy of Planet 2 coming up on ComicConnect. They have it listed as a 9.0 with a reserve. I've looked at it and noticed it has some stains on the back cover. I don't think it would make a 9.0, maybe 7.5 or 8.0. I'd love to hear others' opinions on the grade.

Bigger Scan Here

pla1.766a.jpg

pla1.766b.jpg

8.0 tops.

Beautiful colors, nice front spine, but not a 9.

Noticed some chipping on the bottom right Back too.

What are the darker areas right above the "P-L-A" and over the woman's left arm? Tape stains, maybe?

I was assuming it was bleed-through from the inner cover. Jungle 1 has the same type of issue.

What are the darker areas right above the "P-L-A" and over the woman's left arm? Tape stains, maybe?

I was assuming it was bleed-through from the inner cover. Jungle 1 has the same type of issue.

It is bleed through.

bottom line is the grade is just a "number" (and will always be subjective)... the question is whether someone is willing to pay $x for a book, if they like the way it looks...

bottom line is the grade is just a "number" (and will always be subjective)... the question is whether someone is willing to pay $x for a book, if they like the way it looks...

Ok. How about call all my 6.0 Golden Age books 9.0 and you pay the 9.0 price?

(thumbs u

Most likely at one point the book was in a mylar or possibly a poly bag. There was a sticker on the bag. Tape is highly acidic, and even though the tape was not in contact with the book, the acid "burned" through the bag and darkened the cover inks just enough to create the dark, rectangular area you see in the scan. Just a guess.

Most likely at one point the book was in a mylar or possibly a poly bag. There was a sticker on the bag. Tape is highly acidic, and even though the tape was not in contact with the book, the acid "burned" through the bag and darkened the cover inks just enough to create the dark, rectangular area you see in the scan. Just a guess.

Actually the ad on the inside cover is bleeding through.

I think it's an 8.0, but I would buy 8.0's that look like that all day long.

Totally agree.

My only issue is if the reserve is a Metro-class 9.0 reserve. I'm good if it is an 8.0 reserve.