• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vote on the outcome

Kudos forum or Kudos thread  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Kudos forum or Kudos thread

59 posts in this topic

• Administrator

So we've had some time to kick it around. I think for now, if we leave the feedback forum up, we'll change it to "Kudos Forum" and have it be:

1. Positive feedback only

2. One thread per person

3. Subject should contain the public user name of the person

4. Feel free to link to it in your sig.

Here are the open questions:

If you went with adding a Kudos thread per user, would you be able to put a direct link as part of the user pull down?

Great idea.

Or just provide it as a link when you are either PMing somebody about a deal or simply post a link to it in your respective selling thread.

(shrug)

I can see this opening up a myriad of problems when you have a disgruntled (and impatient or socially inept) person on the internet creating all sorts of OT discussions and comments in somebody's thread. Almost like posting a neg feedback just to be retaliatory.

I can see this opening up a myriad of problems when you have a disgruntled (and impatient or socially inept) person on the internet creating all sorts of OT discussions and comments in somebody's thread. Almost like posting a neg feedback just to be retaliatory.

What about the folks who get all of their cronies to post favorable things in their feedback thread, even though no transactions have transpired? I could see a time where positive posts are more sought after than high post counts. They could become the new board currency. This could be very amusing.

If you went with adding a Kudos thread per user, would you be able to put a direct link as part of the user pull down?

Great idea.

Or just provide it as a link when you are either PMing somebody about a deal or simply post a link to it in your respective selling thread.

(shrug)

But if you are buying from someone whom you don't particularly deal with, it would be rather convenient to just pull down from their name and look at their feedback. It could be part of the tire kicking when you're looking at their wares.

You guys are both correct. I guess there is no perfect system.

I personally have used dealer references, personal references and eBay references to establish not only my own credibility but also the credibility of a new person.

I'd say that if someone comes on here and has absolutely nobody in the hobby at all that will vouch for them (who buys and sells comics without any references on eBay today?) I'd be wary of dealing with them.

Random discussion will be prominent in the threads of the more "popular" members making it difficult to get right to the feedback etc.

Despite that, I think it is a great idea! Could it be possible to block a person from posting in their own thread? Probably not I guess. If possible, it would cut down on the pointless banter (thanking someone for the kudos could be done by pm or in the other persons kudos thread).

What about the folks who get all of their cronies to post favorable things in their feedback thread, even though no transactions have transpired? I could see a time where positive posts are more sought after than high post counts. They could become the new board currency. This could be very amusing.

Wait, I know!

We could have a system whereby we rate each post and poster...

We could even do some sort of...I dunno...5 star system...

hm

It could totally work.

:shy:

Wait, I know!

hm

It could totally work.

Since RMA said it I have ta agree... (thumbs u <------------------------ just sayin'

How about a write-in?

I think the Kudos works fine as is. Just like feedback some will leave it others won't. But I like having a new thread for negatives and neutrals (see my post in that thread). I feel we need an area that these problem transactions are brought to light.

Wait, I know!

hm

It could totally work.

(thumbs u lol

Wait, I know!

hm

It could totally work.

lol

However, I like the idea, provided the vote is not anonymous. If someone gives me one star, I'd rather know who it is so I can work it with them out as opposed to it being some shill or just someone with a grudge.

I think you need a minimum number of Posts to place a vote too....say, 50,or 100. No offense to the newbs, but it would be for the best.

Wait, I know!

hm

It could totally work.

(thumbs u lol

You KNOW that flew right over the head of all the newbs...

;)

Wait, I know!

hm

It could totally work.

(thumbs u lol

You KNOW that flew right over the head of all the newbs...

;)

Your problem is that you are too subtle. doh!

Wait, I know!

hm

It could totally work.

star.jpg