• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think I did the right thing restoring these ...................

63 posts in this topic

That is, if all you do is clean a comic, would it merit a Purple Label?

Yes.

Wet clean..........Yes

Dry clean..........No

so my suits are unrestored, but my blue jeans don't get a blue label. well, i have more money in the suits so i guess this is best for my wardrobe investment down the road.

If a book gets wet by accident and leaves a stain, the book is still considered an investment.

If a book gets wet on purpose and the water removes a stain, it is no longer an investment.

Not everyone thinks of investment as the primary goal of collecting comic books.

my guess is that while it might not be the primary goal, I would hazard a guess that the value (investment for lack of better term) enters the mind of everyone that collects books in the 4 figure or higher range...at least I would be naive to think otherwise hm

That is, if all you do is clean a comic, would it merit a Purple Label?

Yes.

Wet clean..........Yes

Dry clean..........No

so my suits are unrestored, but my blue jeans don't get a blue label. well, i have more money in the suits so i guess this is best for my wardrobe investment down the road.

If a book gets wet by accident and leaves a stain, the book is still considered an investment.

If a book gets wet on purpose and the water removes a stain, it is no longer an investment.

Not everyone thinks of investment as the primary goal of collecting comic books.

my guess is that while it might not be the primary goal, I would hazard a guess that the value (investment for lack of better term) enters the mind of everyone that collects books in the 4 figure or higher range...at least I would be naive to think otherwise hm

I'd think so (thumbs u

For what it's worth (I'm a *very* small fish in the GA pond) I think you did a good thing. Both of those books will have their lifespans vastly increased thanks to that work, and they look great to boot. (thumbs u

Totally agree! (thumbs u