• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Big Apple Comic Con Oct 1-3 NYC, Penn Plaza Pavilion

62 posts in this topic

Not only that, have you seen the talent? It's all fill with non-comic related talent. Do comic collectors care about the guy from Survivor or the guy from Big Brother and the has-been wrestlers? I mean really............. (shrug)

Actually, at current count, there are 38 non-comic talents and 29 comic talents lined up. The comic talent is top-of-the-line, some of the non-comic talent has definite crossover interest (Adam West, Burt Ward, Walter Koenig, Lee Majors, Erin Gray, Mary McDonnel, Herb Jefferson, Jr, etc), the guy from Survivor is not there this time around, and there are some up-and-coming, and not-quite-washed-up wrestlers as well.

Here's the current list...

Comic talent:

Joe Simon (co-creator of Captain America), Carmine Infantino (Co-Creator of The Flash; Deadman; Batgirl; Human Target; Black Canary and the top Batman artist of the 60s!), Mike Grell (Green Arrow), Herb Trimpe (Hulk; Iron Man), Jerry Robinson (Batman, creator of Robin and Joker), Mark Millar (“Kick-, Wanted), Ayers (Sgt. Fury, The Incredible Hulk), Rich Buckler (Fantastic Four, All-Star Squadron), Irwin Hasen (Green Lantern, Dondi), Paul Levitz (Legion of Super Heroes, former DC president), Bob Wiacek (X-Men, The Brave and the Bold), Joe Madureira (Darksiders, Uncanny X-Men, Battle Chasers), Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern, Superman/Batman), Greg Horn (Blackest Night, Elektra, Ms. Marvel), Alex Maleev (Batman, Daredevil), Michael Golden (Wolverine: First Class, New Exiles), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Trevor Von Eeden (Black Lightning, Batman), J.G. Jones (Final Crisis, Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia), Leinil Yu (Wolverine; X-Men; Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2; Uncanny X-Men), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies, Batman), Steve Manion (Fearless Dawn), Louis Small, Jr (Vampirella), Rob Liefeld (Deadpool, Youngblood), Jim Shooter (former editor-in-chief, Marvel, Valiant), Bill Jemas (former Marvel Comics publisher), J. David Spurlock (Author, artist, and editor), and many other national and local creators.

Non-comic talentEarl “The Pearl” Monroe (NY Knicks, NBA Hall of Famer)

Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar Man, The Fall Guy)

Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica)

Adam West, Burt Ward (Batman)

Walter Koenig (Star Trek)

Claudia Christian (Babylon 5)

Julia Jones (Twilight: Eclipse)

Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best, Bonnie Piesse (Star Wars)

Doug Jones (Hellboy)

Erin Gray (Buck Rogers)

Herb Jefferson, Jr (Battlestar Galactica - original series)

Richard Anderson (Six Million Dollar Man)

Barry Williams, Christopher Knight and Mike Lookinland (Brady Bunch)

Dan Folger (Balls of Fury, Fanboys)

Larry Thomas (Seinfeld)

Diora Baird (30 Days of Night)

Scott Porter (Caprica)

Captain Zorikh (Sci-fi Science, Jedi Junkies)

Paris Themmen (Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)

Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, and Akihiro Kitamura (Human Centipede)

Kevin Nash, Ted DiBiase, Shane Douglas, Joel Gertner, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Virgil, Sean “X-Pac” Waltman, Mikey Whipwreck, “Simply the Best” G.A. West, Torrie Wilson, Tammy “Sunny” Sytch (pro wrestlers)

Alison Whitmore (Editor – IFC.com)

Knicks City Dancers

...and though I am listed as "non-comic" talent due to my film and TV work, I will be promoting my "Captain Marvel Culture" project about the history of all the Captain Marvels!

Captain Zorikh

http://www.captianzorikh.com

http://www.captainmarvelculture.com

Ah well, this show is out for me. Can't justify paying admission on back to back shows like this and can't seem to shake loose a free pass either. I haven't paid for a Carbo show since the $5 church shows back in the early 90's. $25 for a daily? Nah.

(shrug)

I think it's sad they chose to pit one con against the other. I'd like to have gone to both, but even living nearby doesn't justify spending the price of admission to 2 shows in the span of one week.

Not only that, have you seen the talent? It's all fill with non-comic related talent. Do comic collectors care about the guy from Survivor or the guy from Big Brother and the has-been wrestlers? I mean really............. (shrug)

If you're not into Buffy, the WW Boston show 2 weeks later is even worse. I guess Ethan Van Sciver is their big comic book guest?

Actually, that's why I came on here - is there a thread about the Wizard World New England show? I wondered how others felt about this show, but I can't find anything. I even know how to use the Search function, and nothing?

(PS - The flyer I received today says CGC is doing on-site grading in Boston).

So any reports on this one? I have heard from a few people that the dealer list was about half of what they expected, a few of the big name creators were no shows and that attendance at some points was nill as far as people walking the aisles. I would venture to guess NYCC next week had an impact...

I think it's sad they chose to pit one con against the other. I'd like to have gone to both, but even living nearby doesn't justify spending the price of admission to 2 shows in the span of one week.

totally agree. I'd love to have gone to both.

I can't agree with you guys. I live in NYC and even if one artist/writer who i wanted to meet was going to one and not the other convention, i'd have to do both. In this case: Joe Mad. :D He won't be at NYCC, so the BACC is the only chance i'll have to meet him. It was awesome! He signed a bunch of Ultimates 3 issues for me (CGC witnessed of course :grin:), and even took some time to talk to me about growing up in NYC. He was REALLY COOL! It was a pleasure meeting him. (worship)

And I met Mark Texeira who was also REALLY COOL! (worship) True he'll be at NYCC, but NYCC is really chaotic, so it actually helps to see an artist outside that venue.

Great meeting both of these artists! (thumbs u

JOE MAD!

SAM_2508.jpg

MARK TEXEIRA!

SAM_2500.jpg

We're not doing on-site grading in Boston. We will be there to take submissions. ???

What flyer?

We're not doing on-site grading in Boston. We will be there to take submissions. ???

What flyer?

I guess Nicole is grading and Joe slabbing :insane:

What flyer?

I guess Nicole is grading and Joe slabbing :insane:

I thought that was already what was happening

What flyer?

Same one I got in the mail too, a postcard. It says "On site grading." Mine is at home, I'll post a scan tonight.

What flyer?

Same one I got in the mail too, a postcard. It says "On site grading." Mine is at home, I'll post a scan tonight.

Please post it. We never saw a flyer & we are not doing on-site grading. lol

Wizard has a problem with posting on there web site a month before the NY Wizard show of a whole bunch of comic dealers who were signed up as attending. I bought my airline and hotel in August, a week before the show they removed close to half of those dealers. I guess thats the way they do business. :P

Thank you very much for posting that. We have never seen it.

Just to reiterate, CGC is NOT doing on-site grading at Boston.

:sorry:

We will make an announcement for our home page to clear this up for our clients. :foryou:

Thank you very much for posting that. We have never seen it.

Just to reiterate, CGC is NOT doing on-site grading at Boston.

:sorry:

We will make an announcement for our home page to clear this up for our clients. :foryou:

How come your not doing on site grading in Boston? Don't feel like it?