• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Every 7 years...

34 posts in this topic

From what I recall, it's not a steadfast rule that one must change out the microchamber paper. Rather, it's suggested that it be changed every seven years

Exactly.

CGC suggests that a book be re-slabbed after 7 years because, supposedly, the micro-chamber paper has then become inert. What they're basing this 7 year figure on, nobody knows - so I'd take that with a grain of salt if I were you.

No matter what, inert micro-chamber paper does no harm whatsoever to a comic book.

From what I recall, it's not a steadfast rule that one must change out the microchamber paper. Rather, it's suggested that it be changed every seven years

Exactly.

CGC suggests that a book be re-slabbed after 7 years because, supposedly, the micro-chamber paper has then become inert. What they're basing this 7 year figure on, nobody knows - so I'd take that with a grain of salt if I were you.

No matter what, inert micro-chamber paper does no harm whatsoever to a comic book.

But it still prevents ink transfer stains,which iirc was the only thing it has proven to do so far anyways.

Hold on... I bought my first slab in December of 2005.... so that means 7 years is December of 2012.....

HOLY CRUD!!!! THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT!!!!!! :eek:

THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! Granted... I have NO CLUE what is actually going on in this pic.... original_mayan_art.jpg

That's the first known nerd transaction of two people trading action figures.

The dork in the center was one of those picky nerds that complained about the grading, so he was sacrificed to the skull god.

Hold on... I bought my first slab in December of 2005.... so that means 7 years is December of 2012.....

HOLY CRUD!!!! THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT!!!!!! :eek:

THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! Granted... I have NO CLUE what is actually going on in this pic.... original_mayan_art.jpg

That's the first known nerd transaction of two people trading action figures.

The dork in the center was one of those picky nerds that complained about the grading, so he was sacrificed to the skull god.

lol Silly nerds.

This is the easiest possible search in the Grading and Resto forum by the way. :eyeroll:

is it just my imagination or does that mushroom cloud look like

bozo the clown sticking his tongue out?

hm

That's the surest way you'll know it's Armageddon.

This is the easiest possible search in the Grading and Resto forum by the way. :eyeroll:

is it just my imagination or does that mushroom cloud look like

bozo the clown sticking his tongue out?

hm

That's the surest way you'll know it's "Armageddon".

you know I can never read or hear that word with out thinking of John Boy and Billy.

Warning: NWS!

:roflmao:

Good way to make more money....

yeah awesome business plan...

Nothing can beats Duke's though...

Duke University built their fortune on tobacco to build the top medical facilities

in the world and after the smoker has paid out the nose to smoke he gets to pay

Duke for the smoking related illnesses.

Tell me that isn't catching them coming and going...

I guess one just shouldn't smoke anyway, but damn!

:insane: