• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magnus Robot Fighter Collecting Thread !! Russ Manning !!

41 posts in this topic

Couldn't find any appreciation thread about this other great title with awesome art by Russ Manning so I decided to start one here. :sumo:

Show us your great Magnus covers. Which issues of the serie would you consider as the top 10 most beautiful covers ?

Let's talk about scarcity of the issues, which issues of the serie would you consider as the top 10 most difficult to find in high grade ?

Let's start with some scans :acclaim:

Awesome idea for a thread!!! A high grade Magnus 1 has always been one of my collecting goals.

The only issue I had with the series was I thought the art was so much nicer on the inside than the covers. They should have let Russ Manning draw the covers.

:whistle: . . . .coming soon to a thread near you

I see this thread has not been touched in a long time. (shrug) One of the comics I did own back in the day was MRF #5. I read it so many times, that I found a better copy on

E-bay a few years ago. I do recall the painted cover art really stood out at the time. :cloud9:

Heres two of my favorite issues.

#4 November 1963

MRF_4.jpg

#5 February 1964

MRF_5.jpg

Nice--I'm still missing a # 10. Apparently, it's got the first Walt Simonson art--published as fan art. Could you confirm this and/or show a scan?

As such, it makes # 10 the only "key" issue of Magnus other than # 1.

Nice--I'm still missing a # 10. Apparently, it's got the first Walt Simonson art--published as fan art. Could you confirm this and/or show a scan?

As such, it makes # 10 the only "key" issue of Magnus other than # 1.

Magnus Robot FIghter # 10 - Inside page with Robot Gallery guest art.

Simonsons art is quite polished (lower right hand corner). (thumbs u

DSCN1155.jpg

This thread gets resurrected every couple of years of so,
so to bring GK Magnus and Russ Manning back into the limelight a bit, here we go again.

Thank you to the person who posted the issue 10 page with the Simonson art.
And it should be a bit polished - he would have been 18 or 19 at the time, so it's not
like he was a kid.

And I'm also here to brag a little bit - never thought this would hit the market
but here it is in my grubby little hands!

Magnus 1 photo magnus_1.jpg

This thread gets resurrected every couple of years of so,

so to bring GK Magnus and Russ Manning back into the limelight a bit, here we go again.

Thank you to the person who posted the issue 10 page with the Simonson art.

And it should be a bit polished - he would have been 18 or 19 at the time, so it's not
like he was a kid.

And I'm also here to brag a little bit - never thought this would hit the market
but here it is in my grubby little hands!

Magnus 1 photo magnus_1.jpg

Gah! I was waiting to see when the buyer of this would show up. Awesome buy. Congrats