• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman 1 Double Cover Coming Back From CGC...need help selling

8 posts in this topic

There isn't - double cover books aren't singled out in the census (nor do they give you extra points in the CGC registry sets).

As to value, I don't have a clue - it's super cool that it's a double-cover, but it's a slabbed 9.2 copy of Miracleman #1 which, if it wasn't a double-cover, would make it almost worthless. In all honesty, you'd probably get more money by selling it raw than slabbed ...

A 9.8 double cover sold for $124 in July 2006 which was and is about twice the price for a regular 9.8. I believe that book was 9.8/9.8. There is also a 9.6/9.8 double cover and if I remember right, they were both posted up in the double cover thread.

9.2 regular issues sell for about $20. There are way more high grade regular issues than double covers so I would think $60 to $75 would be a good price.

A 9.8 double cover sold for $124 in July 2006 which was and is about twice the price for a regular 9.8. I believe that book was 9.8/9.8. There is also a 9.6/9.8 double cover and if I remember right, they were both posted up in the double cover thread.

9.2 regular issues sell for about $20. There are way more high grade regular issues than double covers so I would think $60 to $75 would be a good price.

9.2 slabs sell for $20 once in a while (but mostly have no takers) which is about the cost of the slabbing and shipping from CGC, so the book in that grade doesn't really have any value.

I can't imagine tripling/quadrupling that number for a double cover.

Heck you can snag slabbed 9.6's for $35, and 9.8's for $60.....so a 9.0/9.2 double cover $40, around there. That's if he wants to sell it. I think he'd have luck finding a buyer at that price. I think it would sit for a long while at $75.

Hi, I own the Miracleman no.1 9.8/9.8 and have done since... July 2006... I thought it was a bargain at the time! The book is gorgeous and has survived various purges in my collection! I wouldn't sell it now. I think you should get 27 extra points in the registry for double covers :)

There is another 9.8 double cover.

I would sell yours as raw, 9.2 will kill any book.

mmdoublecover.jpg