• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery Lot

132 posts in this topic

I figured vegeterrariumism and optimism went hand in hand. Guess I was wrong. hm
???

You know, people who don't eat the meat.

If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

I guess vegeterrariumism is people who don't eat turtles, or people who don't eat dirt. Or the newly created 119th spot on the Periodic Table "Terrarium"...

do you think you have $500 in there or do the books look worse in person?

I would say conservative retail value on the whole haul is $1200+. Even though many are lower grade, books like ASM 41, Daredevil 7 and X-Men 12 still sell briskly in low grade in the $30-50 range each. There are also 100 or so books that fall into the $5-20 range. Nothing in the lot is that great, but even at $10 apiece the lot hits $1000.

Great score, Andy! If I were you, I'd take that co-worker out for lunch next week. (thumbs u

I am going to give her another couple hundred, depending on how quickly I can sell them. She will probably appreciate the money more than the lunch!

do you think you have $500 in there or do the books look worse in person?

I would say conservative retail value on the whole haul is $1200+. Even though many are lower grade, books like ASM 41, Daredevil 7 and X-Men 12 still sell briskly in low grade in the $30-50 range each. There are also 100 or so books that fall into the $5-20 range. Nothing in the lot is that great, but even at $10 apiece the lot hits $1000.

Dude, you're like some kind of dealing-to-build-my-own-collection-without-going-out-of-pocket savant.

Congrats. (worship)

Great score, Andy! If I were you, I'd take that co-worker out for lunch next week. (thumbs u

I am going to give her another couple hundred, depending on how quickly I can sell them. She will probably appreciate the money more than the lunch!

(thumbs u

:applause: Way to pay it forward!!!

Classy! (thumbs u

:applause: Way to pay it forward!!!

Agreed. I am impressed.