• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Flagship comics

13 posts in this topic

Anyone else notice that flagship comics from the 2 big companies get little copper age love. It seems like most of the attention goes to titles like TMNT, The Crow, Sandman, Preacher etc... rather then ASM, Batman, X-Men, FF, Superman.

Why is it that the so called flagship titles get so little love? Do you think it is poor artwork, stories or just that there are other great comics that are just better?

Anyone else notice that flagship comics from the 2 big companies get little copper age love. It seems like most of the attention goes to titles like TMNT, The Crow, Sandman, Preacher etc... rather then ASM, Batman, X-Men, FF, Superman.

Why is it that the so called flagship titles get so little love? Do you think it is poor artwork, stories or just that there are other great comics that are just better?

I think, for the most part, the flagship titles are known quantities. Many times, the focus turns to unearthing obscure or lesser known gems. 2c

Copper age super hero books are probably the only super hero books I can stand. I don't think they are in any way unappreciated or not talked about enough. I just find it a breath of fresh air to not always be reading about Wolverine and Batman. :foryou:

Copper age super hero books are probably the only super hero books I can stand. I don't think they are in any way unappreciated or not talked about enough. I just find it a breath of fresh air to not always be reading about Wolverine and Batman. :foryou:

Well said.

GI Joe seems to get alot of attention which is copper age and Marvel. This main series from Marvel is one of the best written stories I have seen in my opinion. Even the special missions where great individual stories in themselves.