• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

49 posts in this topic

They are generally easy to spot, but it depends on the book, of course. If it's a black cover, there's a 90% chance it's had some work done.

I've met Dale Roberts on many occasion, and he's fairly well liked among the dealers that I know. I don't buy a lot of back issues from dealers these days, so I can't say that I've been in the position of having been at risk. I have bought some moderns off of him.

But this is a pretty MAJOR accusation to raise against someone (the type that can ruin you in this hobby), and I certainly hope that you have some sort of proof to back up your statements and you aren't just saying [!@#%^&^] to stir up the pot against him... especially when he's not here to defend himself.

Kev

My biggest disappointment was not getting to meet folks from the forum in person. It was just so busy and even though I had a big name tag that said Kryptonitecomics and a flashing light on the name tag, no one approached me confused.gif

There is always next year thumbsup2.gif

Don't bother. His brain is probably to fried to even remember Santa Fe. I talked to him for 20 minutes in Vegas and he never remembered me. I guess 15 years and 15 tons of pot just creates to much "smoke" to see through. But at least he eats healthy! 27_laughing.gif

He will remember you if you owe him money, even gave me a hug last year! Ellsworth is the best - I would send him comics (at Bruce's Comics he had with Sparks and Paul DeDomineco) and he wouldn't even haggle on price, I sold him all the books I could find for years. Tell him my mom says "hi" . And that he looks in way better shape than Santa Fe days...