• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Rant

48 posts in this topic

As a NY resident, CL has charged me NYS sales tax on my purchases.
I don't believe they still do. They didn't charge me for my last purchase.

Yeah there was an email a few months back stating they no longer charge NYS tax. Maybe because of the operations in Maine now they can get away with that?

I don't believe they still do. They didn't charge me for my last purchase.

Yeah there was an email a few months back stating they no longer charge NYS tax. Maybe because of the operations in Maine now they can get away with that?

Apparently! I asked on the phone about sales tax and they said no sales tax to NY.

How recently?

Or did you just flip Josh the bird somewhere along the way and now only you get charged?

:baiting:

No sale tax for NY buyers started on Feb. 5th. Email that CL sent back in January to NY buyers:

If you'd like to Sell in the ComicLink January Focused Auction starting Friday or the February Featured Auction (starting February 5th), simply e-mail buysell@comiclink.com your prospective auction list and auction preference, or call Josh Nathanson, Douglas Gillock or other members of the ComicLink Team at 718/246-0300. Consign now to reserve placement! You may also wish to view the auction schedule.

No More New York Sales Tax!

If you are a buyer in New York, or you are a ComicLink seller anywhere, it's time to celebrate! Though ComicLink still has a NY office for other purposes, since all shipping operations are now strategically conducted out of Portland, Maine, as of January 1st we are no longer charging New York buyers sales tax! What this means for NY buyers -- no longer do you have to pay 8% more than everyone else for books purchased on ComicLink! What this means for sellers located anywhere -- the many bidders we have located in New York will bid even more aggressively now, and prices should go up even higher on ComicLink than they would otherwise! In addition, since there are only a small handful of vintage comic book and art buyers located in Maine (as opposed to collector hubs like NY, Florida, Texas or California), nearly all of our bidders can purchase from ComicLink sales tax free! That can only mean stronger bidding, and even better returns for sellers. To sum it up, this truly is a New Year's blessing for New York ComicLink buyers and will have a positive effect on all ComicLink sellers, no matter where they reside!

Sellers -- This is the last call to sell books in the ComicLink January Focused Auction! If you have any strong candidates for this auction, which starts this Friday, books expedited to ComicLink so that they are received no later than this Thursday may be squeezed into the auction. The January Focused Auction will focus primarily on key and high-grade Silver, Bronze and Copper Age comic books graded by CGC. Also coming up quick is the February Featured Auction, starting February 5th. This auction will feature the best in Vintage Comics & Original Art. It is time to submit your consignments for this auction in order to reserve slots and gain auction preview exposure. As soon as your books and art are received, they can be prepped for the Featured Auction Preview, which is growing as we write this! Many more exceptional books will be included within this auction, which will be similar in quality to our prior Featured Auctions.

To sell in upcoming auctions, simply send us your prospective auction list as soon as possible. E-mail buysell@comiclink.com for a prompt reply or call Josh Nathanson, Douglas Gillock, or other members of the ComicLink Crew at 718/246-0300. Of course, registered sellers may also list items for sale on the Comic Book Exchange and the Comic Art Exchange at any time.

Our Best,

The ComicLink Crew

-Josh Nathanson

-Douglas Gillock

-Jon Signarelli

-Stuart Bishop

-Jason Crosby

-Sean Goodrich

-Justin Knowles

How recently?

Or did you just flip Josh the bird somewhere along the way and now only you get charged?

:baiting:

Yep, the invoice I was looking at is dated 7/20/2009