• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inflated Signature Series Auctions

235 posts in this topic

Blackstar, it's been my experience that honest people are happy to do business in public and crooks want to keep it all private.

Your eBay auctions alone make it clear that you're not a particularly good seller to buy from. That you ripped off pirate just drives the point home.

We have had entire threads devoted to your outlandish pricing lol

You, like everyone, are more than welcome to come here to read and post. You should try to take something away from it, though. It's okay to make mistakes. Its even okay to charge whatever you want to charge for your books. But don't expect experienced collectors and dealers and actual CGC Facilitators and CAWs (people who, unlike you, have gone to great lengths to meet CGC's guidelines) to have good things to say when you pull your head out of the ground. What you do is offensive to anyone with any real knowledge of the hobby and makes everyone involved in the hobby appear to be the same kind of money grubbing dolt that you are.

Add to all of this your apparent ignorance of basic spelling and grammar, and people are left to wonder if you're a 10 year old who actually believes your books are worth your asking prices or you're an uneducated leach. Either way, we all look worse for your presence.

This is a community to learn from. You can learn little known facts and secrets about books, creators, and publishers. You can learn about upcoming shows, events, and exclusives. You can learn what constitutes a world class dealer and see examples of the lowest class of dealers. You can even have a lot of fun. Or you can continue the way that you have and know that no legitimate collectors will deal with you. It's all up to you.

Well said :applause:

To see all my photos of Stan Lee see my myspace of all the comic con. Also the VIP Pass for the NY Comic see info on my myspace. And my old signed comics by John Romita Sr Were signed at the Baltimore Comic Con $5.00 For every Comic 1st 50 people. See all photos At my Space.

Any other ? See my myspace. All the info is there.

If anyone has a problem, they deal with me directly on my myspace. They dont post immature comments on a site to complain. Stop hating and grow up.

Just CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO LOG IN

http://myspace.com/planetecomics

CLICK ON Photos to see Al the info. Also to see artists and writers signing comics CLICK ON VIDEO.

myspace is still around? (shrug)

To see all my photos of Stan Lee see my myspace of all the comic con. Also the VIP Pass for the NY Comic see info on my myspace. And my old signed comics by John Romita Sr Were signed at the Baltimore Comic Con $5.00 For every Comic 1st 50 people. See all photos At my Space.

If anyone has a problem, they deal with me directly on my myspace. They dont post immature comments on a site to complain. Stop hating and grow up.

CLICK ON Photos to see Al the info. Also to see artists and writers signing comics CLICK ON VIDEO.

Shocked he hasn't moved to Friendster.

Shocked he hasn't moved to Friendster.

He can't, he's obviously too proud of his myspace page to do that. At least he has the same level of maturity and ability to write coherent messages as most people on myspace so he can blend right in with them.

Blackstar, it's been my experience that honest people are happy to do business in public and crooks want to keep it all private.

Your eBay auctions alone make it clear that you're not a particularly good seller to buy from. That you ripped off pirate just drives the point home.

We have had entire threads devoted to your outlandish pricing lol

You, like everyone, are more than welcome to come here to read and post. You should try to take something away from it, though. It's okay to make mistakes. Its even okay to charge whatever you want to charge for your books. But don't expect experienced collectors and dealers and actual CGC Facilitators and CAWs (people who, unlike you, have gone to great lengths to meet CGC's guidelines) to have good things to say when you pull your head out of the ground. What you do is offensive to anyone with any real knowledge of the hobby and makes everyone involved in the hobby appear to be the same kind of money grubbing dolt that you are.

Add to all of this your apparent ignorance of basic spelling and grammar, and people are left to wonder if you're a 10 year old who actually believes your books are worth your asking prices or you're an uneducated leach. Either way, we all look worse for your presence.

This is a community to learn from. You can learn little known facts and secrets about books, creators, and publishers. You can learn about upcoming shows, events, and exclusives. You can learn what constitutes a world class dealer and see examples of the lowest class of dealers. You can even have a lot of fun. Or you can continue the way that you have and know that no legitimate collectors will deal with you. It's all up to you.

Well said :applause:

+1

:fear:

I just discovered CGC SS in 2007. I have been collecting since I was 13years old.

At 16, I started attending comic book conventions. I have over 45,000 signed comics

and I own my own comic store which is ran by two great employees Alex & Joe. Also, I am a gym teacher.

EBay is ran by Alex, my employee. I hope this solves some of your issues. At every convention, we get about 700 signed comics. We get multiple copies signed. Please see my video on myspace. It will give people an idea on how we work. I am planning to sell all of my comics so I can get 800 cgc signature series by Stan Lee and John Ramita before they retire. So far I have 300 Stan Lee cgc.

Ok Mr. Blackstarcomics I guess I need to ask. I know who you get your CGC graded Stan Lee sig books from. You say that you get Stan Lee to sign for you at cons. Please tell me WHAT cons you have attended that you personally have gotten Stan to sign for you at this year? And how many books do you get signed by Stan at these cons? Do you get any of the books you get signed by Stan Lee at a Con submitted to CGC for grading? And where have you gotten books signed by John Romita Sr this year other then the New York Comic Con? Inquiring minds would like to know.

If anyone has a problem, they deal with me directly on my myspace. They don’t post immature comments on a site to complain. Stop hating and grow up.

lol Come on Blaskstarcomics. I can show you a hundred photos I have with Stan but you did not answer my question other then you bought a VIP pass for 1 Meet & Greet with Stan in New York which you could get 1 item signed. Your info on MYspace means NOTHING. It says NOTHING. The photos have no dates on them. Are you saying you got John Romita Sr. this year in Baltimore? Your Myspace doesn't give that info. SO if you are honest about your info then answer my questions? And just come clean and say you can not answer them because you can't do what you claim to do. You want respect around here then stop hiding behind "Go to Myspace to find out". And I am really curious why you do not have signature dates and locations on your COA's. Why not? Or do you even know the dates and location of where you supposively got your stuff signed. If you make claims to do something then back them up. So MAN up and answer the questions.

The guy is a complete joke. One minute he is a proper English speaking Gym Teacher and the next minute he can't write out a coherent thought...

We already know just by looking at them that his raw sigs are fakes but Chandler is right on the money, with such "detailed" COA's why not include the exact date and location of the signings. I always include that info, even when it may be very obvious what convention I got an item signed at...

I did notice that you did that :) I think I'm gonna jack your idea :hi:

I even put the Convention name on all the slabs I get done (nice to have transparent Brother label tape) & a picture of the creator in the polybag if I can take one @ the Convention

i think as far as the lies and the fakes this guy should be put out of business. no doubt he is some punk kid that in a few years when he grows up will realize he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

that said as a community we have a board member in very good standing that might have the second highest prices on ebay for ss books. he is always way over priced on everything he sells. in the sales threads as well. in my opinion he would be as much to blame as anyone in regards to artists and creators not wanting to sign cgc ss books or wanting an arm and a leg to sign them.

some of the prices i have seen him charge have shocked me. i have asked numerous board members about his prices and they all have almost repeated this line. " he loves his books dont he? " without even saying a name people will know who i am talking about.

maybe he is someone as a community and with many people here being his friends that we should try and help with his pricing? again no doubt blackstar is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person just hard to throw stones out of a glass house is all i am saying.

i think as far as the lies and the fakes this guy should be put out of business. no doubt he is some punk kid that in a few years when he grows up will realize he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

that said as a community we have a board member in very good standing that might have the second highest prices on ebay for ss books. he is always way over priced on everything he sells. in the sales threads as well. in my opinion he would be as much to blame as anyone in regards to artists and creators not wanting to sign cgc ss books or wanting an arm and a leg to sign them.

some of the prices i have seen him charge have shocked me. i have asked numerous board members about his prices and they all have almost repeated this line. " he loves his books dont he? " without even saying a name people will know who i am talking about.

maybe he is someone as a community and with many people here being his friends that we should try and help with his pricing? again no doubt blackstar is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person just hard to throw stones out of a glass house is all i am saying.

So to clarify and condense, you are comparing someone who asks high prices for his books, his property, and equating him to someone who defrauded a board member out of property through mail fraud, and sells forged and fake signatures. Is that right?

You think asking high prices is a glass house equivalent to criminal activity? Really?

no not by any stretch of the imagination. you completely took me wrong. the initial threads on this guy had nothing to do with him ripping off pirate. they were about his jacked up pricing and how he was killing cgc ss.

in regards to his criminal activity that is on another level all together.

no not by any stretch of the imagination. you completely took me wrong. the initial threads on this guy had nothing to do with him ripping off pirate. they were about his jacked up pricing and how he was killing cgc ss.

in regards to his criminal activity that is on another level all together.

Ah, ok. There was an entire thread from a few months ago, bumped in the last two days, detailing his theft from Pirate. He's way beyond some guy that doesn't know how to price his books. Based on the questionable signatures, and the defrauding of Pirate, he's got much larger ethical issues than the faulty calculator.

Here's a link: Stolen Stan Lee Book

im just saying to bring up his over pricing and how it is something that is hurting cgc ss signings we have a member in good standing here that is higher then anyone out there except maybe this guy.

make no mistake about it said board member has been honest and up front and very nice to me any time we have talked via pm. still his prices would upset the creators and artists if or when they saw them.