• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inflated Signature Series Auctions

235 posts in this topic

When I see someone with those kinds of prices, misspelled names in descriptions, issuing Certificates of Authenticity signed by himself and issued from his own company name(or this is the appearance), it raises some questions.

His feedback shows many sold items at prices that are far below what Stan would charge. Signed Stan and McFarlane items for under $100, well that seems a bit off...

I would hope buyers are investigating thoroughly before purchasing.

Price is always a subjective issue. Like all collectables, a comic can be worth much more to a fan than a typical Tom, or Harry, That's the beauty (and painful aspect) of it. lol

I'm sure it's been raised before, but cos of ppl who go to cons get sketches and turn them over for a really inflated price on feebay, artists are either less willing o sketch or charge higher for a sketch now. This spells trouble.

Are you talking about the debate at the NYCC thread? I just posted there lol hmm maybe it could be solved if ppl are limited to the number of books they can get autheticated, say 2 per SS? That might act as some sort of control over those stupigoons who exploit the comic market for personal profit.

On his myspace page, he's telling people he can get them signatures and he's charging them for it, like a facilitator.

http://www.myspace.com/planetecomics

That I am aware of he does not have direct access to Stan. He goes through one of the other facilitators to get Stan sigs.

Blackstar Comics is a guy named Emelio Dejesus.

Pirate had a thread on him and I made a post about him as well.

He used to buy some books off of me and sell at inflated prices, as far as my business with him that is all. He has never submitted raw books to me for Stan Lee sigs.

I have banned him from my auctions and it upset him greatly, he told me that he made lots of money off of me and wanted to buy me a beer.

I told him why doesn't he come up to NYC and buy that for me and my "friends"

I agree his auctions me off and give creators the wrong idea of an inflated value belonging to SS books.

Best,

Sean

On his myspace page, he's telling people he can get them signatures and he's charging them for it, like a facilitator.

That I am aware of he does not have direct access to Stan. He goes through one of the other facilitators to get Stan sigs.

He used to buy some books off of me and sell at inflated prices, as far as my business with him that is all. He has never submitted raw books to me for Stan Lee sigs.

I have banned him from my auctions and it upset him greatly, he told me that he made lots of money off of me and wanted to buy me a beer.

I agree his auctions me off and give creators the wrong idea of an inflated value belonging to SS books.

Best,

Sean

ask him to bring the stolen stan book.

I know Alex and he wouldn't be too happy about that.

Which one would he not be happy about, the fact that the guy wants 400 (the best offer option is there) or that it hasnt sold.

I know Alex and he wouldn't be too happy about that.

If it was a free Sketch I could understand Alex being upset.

It it was a $150 commission sketch I don't see what there is to be upset about.

Best,

Sean

We normally have a client confidentiality clause in effect, but as far as I know, he's not a client of ours. (shrug)

The especialy the Batman, the sig seems off too.

The especialy the Batman, the sig seems off too.

Good catch, its funny the 1st two pics allow you to bounce back and forth to compare the fake and real sig.

I really like how Emilio includes COA's with his "signed" books. As if posting a random picture of the creator signing some random book solidifies the authenticity of the item.

The sad reality is there are people out there who simply do not know better and will fork over the exuberant prices that this guy is asking for a fugazi.

"INVEST IN COMIC BOOKS!" :insane: