• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dishonest Seller

486 posts in this topic

So help me get caught up...Who is Royjr or whatever his name is? Has he ever come out and revealed himself?

I need margin notes.

Alleybat amongst others so I'm told.

Small world. Wasn't he here before?

The same amount of explaining has to take place when a restored book is raw versus it being in a holder. Difference is you can show a person the work raw versus what the label states. Hopefully the restoration paperwork (that somehow always disappears) comes along with the book.

You can't tell me that this type of sale is a smooth and easy one.

Imagine it going like this

Customer "Is the book restored"

Feel free to insert "answer here". Well, humada, humada, not according to my sole discretion but because everybody who sold it before me said that dot of color touch isn't really there I believe that it's not really there.

Feel free to insert "CGC Answer here". Customer "Is the book restored".

Well, Sole discretion states that technically this is a blue label that normally means unrestored but in this case it isn't.

Turn around, put book back into box or back on wall.

Take another bite out of Big Mac.

Bob,

I have a lot of respect for you and this post is written with love. And I'm not going to debate the merits of blue label vs purple label with you because quite frankly I think the view points of both sides have merit. Personally I've never had a really strong opinion about label notes one way or the other. But its clear to me that your blatent resto-phobia is affecting your usually calm, even-tempered demeanor and your judgement is becoming affected!!

Sure, there are always buyers who won't buy a book with label notes. But in my experience, the majority of buyers don't really care. (In my opinion a book that has one dot of glue that doesn't affect the book or grade in any way is less restored than a book that has been super-heated to 300 degrees and smooshed from an 8.0 into a 9.4 but I guess everyone will have their own opinions!)

To compare this book with a hypothetical scenario where a dealer says "color touch isn't there because I believe it isn't there" is crazy and makes no sense. The CT is noted right on the label. The CGC label doesn't say "there's no color touch to see here, move along" On blue label books with notes, the information is there, and the buyer is able to make an informed decision and come to their own conclusions regarding whether or not they are interested in the book.

There's no undisclosed information. To me the idea that if a book has a dot of glue or ct so minor that the appearance/grade of the book is not enhance in any way it becomes looked at as a defect instead of restoration makes sense. (Should a book be more desirable if instead of a small dot of glue it had a big piece of tape? Because that wouldn't be restoration right?)

In any event, all the information is available to the buyer. So really I guess it all comes down to value. As a hypothetical, if someone were to take the Mile High Action 1 and put one tiny red dot of ct on the cover, how much should its value drop? $1million? $2million? Should it be worth less than the 8.0 that just sold now? No restored Action 1 has ever sold for more than $150k. And 2.5s sell for more than that now. So I guess the Mile High copy is now worth less than that 2.5 with the mold and giant piece out of the cover. (Stupid dot!)

Getting back to the Cap 1 in the thread, how much should its value be affected by the label note? Well, first it is my understanding that it only goes into a blue label if the work done is so minor that it does not enhance the appearance or grade of the book. Second, my understanding is the label notes are treated as a "defect". I remember having a discussion with someone once about a MMC5 CGC 4.0 with a small dot of color touch, where I was told the grade was dropped 0.5 because of the CT and if you cut the piece of the cover with the CT off the new grade would be 4.5.

I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is, what would the grade have been on this Cap 1? 7.0? So have the label notes already been factored in to the value of the book?

Or to put it another way, if you had to choose between these two copies you're saying my copy should be valued at a fraction of what the other one is worth? Despite the tanning, lesser PQ, and giant pencil erasure marks? Because if I were looking at these two copies in hand and the price was the SAME, I'd buy my copy all day long and twice on Sundays, invisible restoration or not!

Cap165.jpg

cap1cgc65.jpg

ditto.

the offw cream copy looks like a cat had a scratchathon on the left side of the book.

A blue label is a blue label under specific rules and regulations put into place by CGC.

Sure it may vary a tad with regard to ages of said book but it's the closest given grade to look of book company I can think of and I have alot of respect for their parameters.

The eye appeal on Adams copy wins in my mind.

But if ppl want to cry anout GA blue label parameters, I guess they can always go hunt down a copy of said book with same grade in a PGX or other holder.........

Just don't be surprised when said book is RESUBBED to a company like CGC and comes back 2.0 grade points lower, with a purple label for trimming and colour touch.

Rich

Rich are you refering to filter81's book? if so, this really proves my point that I was almost a victim of fraud.

Dude did ya pack the crack pipe with a full gram tonight????

Info is WRITTEN on the label.

And what I indicated was that I would buy Adams copy instead of the other copy because it is a nicer copy.

PERIOD.

Now head back to the bedroom, as I think your sister is getting lonely trying to count all her fingers and toes but then again that could give ya another 2 , maybe 3 hours.

So help me get caught up...Who is Royjr or whatever his name is? Has he ever come out and revealed himself?

I need margin notes.

My name is Roy I Goldstein and the I is for Ingenious.

You ignored me before, so I will say it again. Filter81 has what you need in your sig line.

I need margin notes.

Alleybat a.k.a. Bucone a.k.a. WaltT a.k.a. JH1 a.k.a. Harold Fuller. A.k.a. Henry Faller a.k.a. the rest of his shills

He hasn't admitted it yet. But his account was created 1 day after his last shill was banned. 60 seconds after his rant started yesterday my Buy it Nows started getting hit on eBay by someone with the name Henry Faller with an identical address to the address that Harold Fuller (a.k.a. Alleybat) used as the return address on the box he used to scam VTComics on the Batman 1 a few years ago.

I need margin notes.

Yesterday it was Henry. And before that it was John. And before that it was Harold.

I need margin notes.

Yesterday it was Henry. And before that it was John. And before that it was Harold.

orraziB.pngbizarro.png

I need margin notes.

My name is Roy I Goldstein and the I is for Ingenious insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Thanks. But we knew that.

I gotta go put the kid to bed. You guys have fun with this clown. I will catch up tomorrow if it doesn't get deleted.

I think it may be on borrowed time. Just like Ima F Shillenstien, or whoever he was.