• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gobbledygook Set [First Printing] + Issue #1 Original Cover Art - Mirage/Turtles

87 posts in this topic

In 1985 I was corresponding with Kevin Eastman and peter Laird and I purchased the original cover artwork from their first published work, Gobbledygook #1. I have the art, a one color/halftone overlay that Eastman made just for me, I have correspondence, and a copy of both issues of the Gobbledygook series of which only 50 copies were printed.

Can anyone take a look at my pictures and give me any idea whether or not this lot is worth anything?

http://picasaweb.google.com/pwagner3/GOBBLEDYGOOK?authkey=Gv1sRgCMngkqnv4OTkbg#

Thanks!

Put the art in a publicized auction like heritage. You would get a ton more than by taking offers here!

Agreed... contact Steve Borock (at Heritage) if you're looking to sell.

+1. I've been asking around about this lot and the reality is, no one knows what the art is worth. I barely have a handle on what the books are worth, but the art is tough (impossible?) to value. A nice glossy two or three page section in a Heritage catalog would be a nice way to start the discovery process.