• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gobbledygook Set [First Printing] + Issue #1 Original Cover Art - Mirage/Turtles

87 posts in this topic

Hello all. I have a request. Does anyone get CBG?

Could anyone scan the back cover of issue #1674 and post it here for me?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Whats special about this?

it's the Heritage ad for the upcoming auction of these items. i recycled my CBG so i can't help.

Wow, I know it is an old thread, but I just came across this and ... wow ... This "gobbledygook" I've always felt is really only truly collectible as original art, because with the "mini-comic" you would never actually know if you're looking at an "original" because the originals themselves were just photocopies. The TMNT #1 first printing was the first actual comic book that Eastman & Laird printed; what preceded that (i.e. Gobbledygook) was literally xerox photocopied. [ More info: http://tmntcomics.wordpress.com/ ] That's why CGC had never received an original, and changed their label attributions on TMNT #1 once they found out that Gobbledygook was not a real comic book. Literally changed the value of TMNT #1 once the industry (and price guides) switched over the attribution in the 2004 timeframe. Congrats on acquiring this artwork, it is awesome.