• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dreaded Green Label

31 posts in this topic

I would buy the SS.

Why? Is it because the DF could potentially be a fake?

No, it's because the DF book would be in a green label, qualified slab.

+1

It would be much harder to sell if you ever wanted to part with it compared to the SS book.

Frankly,

It depends on the book we are talking about. I am not going to turn my nose up at a truly rare book in a rare grade because it's in a green label, if that green label is strictly because of the signature. On a book like that the value is rarely set by the signature added (unless deceased or a truly rare sig) but more often the value is in the book itself.

Anyone that would do that is not really buying the book. Hell, they aren't even buying the label. They are buying the COLOR of the label, and that's not why I collect comics.

Frankly,

It depends on the book we are talking about. I am not going to turn my nose up at a truly rare book in a rare grade because it's in a green label, if that green label is strictly because of the signature. On a book like that the value is rarely set by the signature added (unless deceased or a truly rare sig) but more often the value is in the book itself.

Anyone that would do that is not really buying the book. Hell, they aren't even buying the label. They are buying the COLOR of the label, and that's not why I collect comics.

There's a huge difference between Qualified slabs in general - and DF books sitting in Qualified slabs. And I honestly don't think that any DF book would qualify as being "truly rare" :shrug:

Frankly,

There's a huge difference between Qualified slabs in general - and DF books sitting in Qualified slabs. And I honestly don't think that any DF book would qualify as being "truly rare" :shrug:

No, of course not.

The thread is a discussion of Green slabs, the sub-tangents don't matter to me.

Frankly,

FWIW, mine was a DF book ;)