• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marketplace Smackdown

63 posts in this topic

Personally, I've got 0 sympathies for any punishment handed down by the PTB for people trying to sell PGX products here.

You get to use this place for free. You pay no fees. Try not to be a *$$#head and sell the competitor's products. How hard is that to get?

Goosfraba . . . Goosfraba . . .

Personally, I've got 0 sympathies for any punishment handed down by the PTB for people trying to sell PGX products here.

You get to use this place for free. You pay no fees. Try not to be a *$$#head and sell the competitor's products. How hard is that to get?

I'm with you there, we've had it run from one extreme to the other with some editing in timely fashion, some purposely hiding what it is, an some downright ignoring or getting quite defensive about it. Might as well make it a clear point!

I think Arch (and the rest of the forum) is getting tired of these jerks who are nicely advised of the forum guidelines for selling, then act purposefully obstinate like they've done nothing wrong.

Getting rid of these "sellers" is certainly not a bad thing.

You're right...we're getting tired of jerks.... :whistle:

Just curious...let say you got a graded book from Brand X and de-slabbed it. Would it be appropriate to mention the Brand X grade?

I personally have done that, though I never mentioned the company by name. I just said something like "graded previously by that other company, but now deslabbed"

Just curious...let say you got a graded book from Brand X and de-slabbed it. Would it be appropriate to mention the Brand X grade?

I personally have done that, though I never mentioned the company by name. I just said something like "graded previously by that other company, but now deslabbed"

Deslabbed = raw, I see no problem with that. He was selling a graded (I use that term loosely when referring to PGX) book slabbed by a competitor on CGCs board. That was clearly in violation of board selling guidelines. He got a strike as a result, I see no problem with that either.

Deslabbed = raw, I see no problem with that. He was selling a graded (I use that term loosely when referring to PGX) book slabbed by a competitor on CGCs board. That was clearly in violation of board selling guidelines. He got a strike as a result, I see no problem with that either.

Agreed.

If you deslab a book by Brand X, I wouldn't even mention that it was graded by them. Just grade it yourself and tell people what you think the grade is. I don't put any confidence in their grading, so I'd disregard it anyway.

The point about this being the CGC forums, and they provide us a place to sell books for no fees is one that we take for granted. I think it's extremely disrespectful to offer books graded by the other guy here.

Agree with the general consensus here. Also, his thread looked to be intentionally circumventing the guidelines as he posted pics of all the CGC books, but asked boardies to PM him if they would like to see the Star Wars book. I have dealt with him before and have seen multiple sales threads he has posted. Have to admit I am clueless as to why he went in the direction he did this time :shrug:

If you deslab a book by Brand X, I wouldn't even mention that it was graded by them. Just grade it yourself and tell people what you think the grade is. I don't put any confidence in their grading, so I'd disregard it anyway.

The point about this being the CGC forums, and they provide us a place to sell books for no fees is one that we take for granted. I think it's extremely disrespectful to offer books graded by the other guy here.

(thumbs u

No way - not in a million years. Being jerks is one of the great perks of online anonymous posting :thumbsup:

No way - not in a million years. Being jerks is one of the great perks of online anonymous posting :thumbsup:

Jerks are great but being a millionaire-tough guy-babe magnet is the best perk. :P
I have no registry points, so the only way to exercise my geek superiority is by being a jerk :sorry:

Agree with the general consensus here. Also, his thread looked to be intentionally circumventing the guidelines as he posted pics of all the CGC books, but asked boardies to PM him if they would like to see the Star Wars book. I have dealt with him before and have seen multiple sales threads he has posted. Have to admit I am clueless as to why he went in the direction he did this time :shrug:

Here's a hint - it's not the first time he's tried to sell PGX books here :gossip: