• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four classic Kirby marvel covers added to my CAF...

36 posts in this topic

Just added a few favorites by Jack from my collection:

Captain America 106

Fantastic Four 76

Thor 176

Silver Surfer 18

Please enjoy the new large scans!!!

Best,

Glen

Glen i seem to have a recollection that most of these pieces were on your CAF at some point in the past or am i just an old man whose memory is fading ?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I've been bombarded with offers to the extent I did not expect. I feel like I need to take the covers down for now. It was not my intention to generate interest to sell them.

I hope you got to enjoy them while they were up.

Best,

Glen

Glen i seem to have a recollection that most of these pieces were on your CAF at some point in the past or am i just an old man whose memory is fading ?

Glen has had these for years. He put them up because he rescanned at a higher resolution. Apparently some collectors look at CAF and personal collections as an opportunity to go shopping and pick through people's prized possessions so Glen took them down as is his right and we won't be seeing them now.

Glen has had these for years. He put them up because he rescanned at a higher resolution. Apparently some collectors look at CAF and personal collections as an opportunity to go shopping and pick through people's prized possessions so Glen took them down as is his right and we won't be seeing them now.

I understand entirely, shame it happens but i suppose its only human nature to want things that others have on display, even if they are marked not for sale. Its also one of the many reasons that i use to justify why i dont list of CAF, which some others never seem to be able to understand.

Ya, that's such a waste. Those are some beauties that I really enjoyed seeing. I'm just starting to collect some OA/sketches, etc so I've only had a few times were people violated the NFS I had lsited for a piece but honestly, what's not to understand about NFS? I know a few collector's who've told they've had the same expereience and no longer list their stuff on CAF. Shame for those of us who just love to check out the originals.

Personally I don't understand not showing your artwork just because people are making offers. I just keep saying no. If they're too persistent giving a price of 10 to 20 times market value usually gets them to leave me alone.

The real problem is some people are manipulative and will actually try to screw you on deals to get leverage and try to force you to sell something you don't want. I'm not buying so often that I have to worry about those types of things but I've seen it happen to others.

Some people are just the scum of humanity.

Apparently some collectors look at CAF and personal collections as an opportunity to go shopping

In fairness who hasn't made an offer on a piece on CAF at one point or another? I've received and given offers and I barely collect comic art. Vultures are one thing, but there are probably some innocent offers in there too.

Personally I don't understand not showing your artwork just because people are making offers. I just keep saying no. If they're too persistent giving a price of 10 to 20 times market value usually gets them to leave me alone.

The real problem is some people are manipulative and will actually try to screw you on deals to get leverage and try to force you to sell something you don't want. I'm not buying so often that I have to worry about those types of things but I've seen it happen to others.

Some people are just the scum of humanity.

Easy enough to say no thanks to the unsolicited offers.

How do collectors force other collectors to sell something?

How do collectors force other collectors to sell something?

By finding out what your grail and main wants are. Then they actively seek out those items and hold the pieces hostage until you agree to trade for what you wouldn't sell in the first place.

Scummy move but not uncommon.