• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored or not, how does CGC look at it???

14 posts in this topic

If A book had a name written on the cover and someone used an eraser to remove the name, would CGC give that a PLOD?

893whatthe.gif

Is simply having a very visible eraser mark on the comic going to make it fall into a restored category if the book was in say VG condition confused.gif

No, I had a similar situation with a Spidey book that had pencil marks, I erased them, and you could tell it was erased but I got the book back higher than my estimated grade.

Is that yours, FF? It's beautiful. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Yep! I have no intention of selling it, but if I ever did, I'd probably resubmit, because it looks like a 9.2 to me. NO spine stresses at all...it's a 9.6 with a crease in the URC, and I've seen 9.2/9.4 books have creases exactly like this one or even slightly worse.

I agree. Assuming that the back cover is similar to the front and the erasure looks ok, I'd give it a 9.2 as well. 9.4 is a stretch with the crease you mention and the erasure on the back, but it's possible. (It's ironic that without the erasure it would probably have graded a 9.2 to 9.4, since a small written number isn't really downgraded these days, whereas the erasure is seen as more of a defect.)

Anyway, I have always loved ASM#15 and I'd be mighty proud to own that particular copy if it were mine. thumbsup2.gif Let me know if you do ever decide to sell it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is that yours, FF? It's beautiful. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Yep! I have no intention of selling it, but if I ever did, I'd probably resubmit, because it looks like a 9.2 to me. NO spine stresses at all...it's a 9.6 with a crease in the URC, and I've seen 9.2/9.4 books have creases exactly like this one or even slightly worse.

So what you're saying is, that Action #1 will soon be a 4.0 resub? 27_laughing.gif

Maybe CGC's strategy for ensuring a steady flow of submissions in the years to come is simply to keep loosening the grading... insane.gif

So what you're saying is, that Action #1 will soon be a 4.0 resub? 27_laughing.gif

5.0 and don't laugh foreheadslap.gif

grin.gif

Maybe CGC's strategy for ensuring a steady flow of submissions in the years to come is simply to keep loosening the grading... insane.gif