• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22 on eBay, whats going on!

94 posts in this topic

I won it, gang.

Quite honestly, I can't believe it didn't go higher. My max bid was well over that.

I'm thrilled!

It is a data point. One that would have to be taken into consideration with other sales.

Very obvious as with any other book. As far as my knowledge this is the first low low grade Pep 22 I have seen on the open market, hence why I said it is a good mark to try and to get a handle on FMV. Not trying to imply it is absolute, just that it is a reference.

Again if you know of other price numbers I encourage the info to be contributed as then we could have more data on hand to make better assumptions on a possible FMV.

Of course one sale is not a great way to absolutely determine FMV. It is, and only can be a good reference in coming up with an opinion on FMV.

Good to see you are backing off your original statement.

It is a data point. One that would have to be taken into consideration with other sales.

Very obvious as with any other book. As far as my knowledge this is the first low low grade Pep 22 I have seen on the open market, hence why I said it is a good mark to try and to get a handle on FMV. Not trying to imply it is absolute, just that it is a reference.

Again if you know of other price numbers I encourage the info to be contributed as then we could have more data on hand to make better assumptions on a possible FMV.

Of course one sale is not a great way to absolutely determine FMV. It is, and only can be a good reference in coming up with an opinion on FMV.

the prices have been in the $5-10K range for the fairs.... I think roy sold a fr brittle paged copy recently too (thumbs u

I'm not backing off my original statement at all. Nor am I trying to get into a debate with you.

My original statement was that tonight would be a night to get the FMV for an entry level Pep 22, going off my knowledge that this was the only Pep 22 that I have seen offered for sale.

You have since provided information that you have seen many in this grade for sale, but wont share price realization information, so if you provide further information we would get a more accurate price FMV on the book.

Your argument is that you cannot get a FMV off of one sale. But if one sale is all that is known what else should we say. Since book X sold for $5,000 and none other have sold in that range to the knowledge of any person, what should we do throw out the 1 sale since it was only one?

If more information is brought to the table the FMV will evolve to better reflect all information.

I only have one sale, this one, to go off of so it is the best FMV to base the book off of since it is the only one I would have.

FMV should not be based solely on one book but it can be a valid mark if it is the only sale available. It is fair to say an estimated FMV is on one sale if one sale is all there is to go off of.

But if you have further information on sales, please provide them, and we could get a better handle. (thumbs u

Or if you dont want to share said information and just keep running around the barn on what FMV means, you can do that, but I'd rather save my time and not argue about something that is simply silly. meh

I mean no offense with my wording so don't take any by it. ;)

alex, several complete copies have sold in the 5-10K range recently...this one has a superior interior, and 6200 is a fair price for it (I was guessing 6K)...this one would marry nicely to one of the brittle paged copies I have seen, so not sure if that was roy's motivation or not...but, I know roy loves the book as he has expressed here on the boards, so maybe he is setting FMV (thumbs u

I won it, gang.

Quite honestly, I can't believe it didn't go higher. My max bid was well over that.

I'm thrilled!

Congrats, Roy! :applause:

alex, several complete copies have sold in the 5-10K range recently...this one has a superior interior, and 6200 is a fair price for it (I was guessing 6K)...this one would marry nicely to one of the brittle paged copies I have seen, so not sure if that was roy's motivation or not...but, I know roy loves the book as he has expressed here on the boards, so maybe he is setting FMV (thumbs u

Great info to know!

Again, as I said in earlier posts I am an Archie Noob, and partly started the thread to learn more.

My FMV on this was obviously wrong, as I was going off of my limited knowledge which consists of one book.

Feels good to learn some more on other GA books, outside of the superheros. (Even though Pep 22 does feature superheros)

:grin:

Well, I will say that I was offered $11k by a serious Pep collector for my old poor copy but I had to turn the offer down because he wanted time payments.

I honestly think that the main reason this book went so cheap (and it was cheap in my opinion because my bid was much higher than the winning price) was because several interested people didn't bid. In fact I had a few people tell me that because they knew that I wanted the book they didn't bid.

I think as this book continues to come to market that it has lots of upside.

Here's an interesting article about how the new (or fairly new) management at Archie comics are working to expand their market.

Archie Article

With all the news the wedding story received as well as their managing to get Archie on a postage stamp, they do seem to be making some advances. It'll really be impressive if they can pull off a successful live action tv show or movie with the Archie characters. The Sabrina tv show did well for them in the past.

Of course if this happens, prices for these rare issues are likely to rise even more.

Here's an interesting article about how the new (or fairly new) management at Archie comics are working to expand their market.

Archie Article

With all the news the wedding story received as well as their managing to get Archie on a postage stamp, they do seem to be making some advances. It'll really be impressive if they can pull off a successful live action tv show or movie with the Archie characters. The Sabrina tv show did well for them in the past.

Of course if this happens, prices for these rare issues are likely to rise even more.

anyone want to take a guess on who they are going to kill off?

Mr. Weatherbee dies after a triple bypass surgery doesn't go well?