• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22 on eBay, whats going on!

94 posts in this topic

I remember when dealers and collectors mocked anything Archie. Some of the same people who made fun of Archie collectors have now jumped on the bandwagon. For me, Pep 22 is the phoenix rising from the ashes.Survival at it's greatest. Not only did it bring new life to a soon to be fading world of Super Heroes, but it also brought tons of enjoyment to our childhood.

I know that to many, Pep 22 and Archie 1 are just another investment, but there are many of us here who have had a true passion for MLJ's and everything Archie. Some of my best comic book memories involve Archie and the Gang.

Pep 22's belong in the collections of collectors like 143ksk and not in someone's investment portfolio. It was our love of these comics that helped fuel all the attention though and it sometimes looks like we created a monster.

12-15 years ago, passionate collectors like Andrew Golden, Shield, 143ksk and myself and a few others, had a hell of a lot of fun hunting these books down

I've always thought that there is room for for investors in the comic world and passionate collectors should celebrate the collecting. Investors provide liquidity to sellers and supply to buyers. Generally prices move upwards when investors enter the market. This is good for early collectors who already have their keeper copy. When they exit the marke, falling prices are good for those who want to collect the issue but wanted to pay less.

Maybe they aren't as excited and knowledgeable as the purist collector but they are still part of the collecting community.

Ed

I remember when dealers and collectors mocked anything Archie. Some of the same people who made fun of Archie collectors have now jumped on the bandwagon. For me, Pep 22 is the phoenix rising from the ashes.Survival at it's greatest. Not only did it bring new life to a soon to be fading world of Super Heroes, but it also brought tons of enjoyment to our childhood.

I know that to many, Pep 22 and Archie 1 are just another investment, but there are many of us here who have had a true passion for MLJ's and everything Archie. Some of my best comic book memories involve Archie and the Gang.

Pep 22's belong in the collections of collectors like 143ksk and not in someone's investment portfolio. It was our love of these comics that helped fuel all the attention though and it sometimes looks like we created a monster.

12-15 years ago, passionate collectors like Andrew Golden, Shield, 143ksk and myself and a few others, had a hell of a lot of fun hunting these books down

Like Ed said their is room for both, but you are so right about 143ksk and his collection. The Man is obviously one of the true purists in this hobby! I never tire and am continously amazed at the depth and quality of his stuff!

Why is it going so high? It's PR/FR at best. And wasnt a coverless only asking 2K on CLink. This one is up to $3,800 almost!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200524286050

1. There's monstrous demand for this book.

2. It is legitimately scarce.

3. This is a - relatively - affordable copy

4. Overstreet is ludicrously low.

5. The CLink copy was priced too low.