• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Driving to CGC today to sub a bunch of books!

98 posts in this topic

I was under the impression that you can't pick up or drop off less than 100 books. I live 15 minutes away but I only pick up and drop off each time with 100 books or more.

They said I can drop off and pick up any number of books. I'm a premium member and I got the impression you can't go there at all unless you have a membership.

lol

No... I'm not a member of anything and I've been there a few times.

Either because you are a dealer or you must be a member to go to their offices. That is what they said and you need to make reservations 24 hours in advance.

But perhaps you are unique Brian and they have special rules for you

My nose was itching, so I just scratched it. :eek: I'm about to go get a second cup of coffee. :cloud9:

Maybe your nose is allergic to your coffee consumption? Hmm

Try orange juice and maybe you won't need to scratch your nose

I had a 10-ounce container of Tropicana on the way in to work. (tsk) Your criticism of my coffee drinking is unwarranted because I'm an extremely calm person so coffee doesn't make me edgy AND YOU'RE MAKING ME VERY VERY ANGRY! :mad:

I was under the impression that you can't pick up or drop off less than 100 books. I live 15 minutes away but I only pick up and drop off each time with 100 books or more.

They said I can drop off and pick up any number of books. I'm a premium member and I got the impression you can't go there at all unless you have a membership.

lol

Either because you are a dealer or you must be a member to go to their offices. That is what they said and you need to make reservations 24 hours in advance.

But perhPs you are special Brian...

Or perhaps you didn't read a few posts back where it said CGC's stance has recently changed.

But what would I know, I'm a Brit.

lol

Or perhaps you didn't read a few posts back where it said CGC's stance has recently changed.

Or perhaps Foolkiller didn't read that post that rules had changed recently. I already know the rules.

And being a Brit has nothing to do with sarcastic remarks

lol

Or perhaps Foolkiller didn't read that post that rules had changed recently. I already know the rules.

Lighten up, Francis.

I personally was replying to tth2 (go see who I quoted) because he jokes about me using this board as my own personal twitter so I was just poking him back a bit.

All in good fun.

Oh yes it does. I watched Little Britain - these people are dangerous!

True enough. They should do a reality show where people try to find a serious person in Britain.

lol

lol

Or perhaps your skin isn't quite thick enough yet. :eyeroll:

Yes all you guys are perfect and anything less than your stellar posts are banal and lame... lol

I really don't care what you think...I'll post what I like. Don'tike it...don't read it.

Lighten up, Francis.

Actually, thinking about your original post...........

I live about 3 hours away and instead of shipping the books I decided to drive up there.

I have 6 books to pick up also so it will be a fun day of driving. I'm meeting up with Nicole and I look forward to the "premium member" experience.

Can I expect caviar and champagne? lol

Maybe i'll get to meet CGCmod6? Gemma? DiceX? hm Yeah I know DiceX doesn't work for them but I can see a future in their customer relations dept. :gossip:

Back later tonight with the update and some pics!

It sounds to me that this would be the perfect kind of thing to be posted in the CGC Journal section.

From that forum

The Journal feature is designed to allow our members to share their collecting journey with other members. We hope that over time our members find that they've been able to use the journals as a way to share a kind of diary with other collectors, and can look back over their entries as a road map of their collecting adventure. This is different than general posting on the message board because there is a single place to view the collection of journal posts for each member.

Use the Journal feature to:

Share your experiences and thoughts

Share your unique acquisitions

Share your knowledge with other collectors

lol

Or perhaps your skin isn't quite thick enough yet. :eyeroll:

Or perhaps some here feel that every post in every thread is subject to derisive smart-alecky remarks that are intended to get under ones skin. hm

That's probably more like it.

After being here for a while...my skin is thicker...not where it obviously has to be to survive around here...

However, you guys need thicker skin to deal with me because I'm not one to just take your flying dung and accept it.

So there! :baiting::banana:

Actually, thinking about you original post...........

I live about 3 hours away and instead of shipping the books I decided to drive up there.

I have 6 books to pick up also so it will be a fun day of driving. I'm meeting up with Nicole and I look forward to the "premium member" experience.

Maybe i'll get to meet CGCmod6? Gemma? DiceX? hm Yeah I know DiceX doesn't work for them but I can see a future in their customer relations dept. :gossip:

It sounds to me that this would be the perfect kind of thing to be posted in the CGC Journal section.

From that forum

The Journal feature is designed to allow our members to share their collecting journey with other members. We hope that over time our members find that they've been able to use the journals as a way to share a kind of diary with other collectors, and can look back over their entries as a road map of their collecting adventure. This is different than general posting on the message board because there is a single place to view the collection of journal posts for each member.

Thanks. Thinking more about your post above...

Perhaps you can direct all threads into their proper place....

How about this one? I wonder why you didn't provide such prudent advice to other such insightful and interesting threads...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4293175&fpart=1

Or perhaps some here feel that every post in every thread is subject to derisive smart-alecky remarks that are intended to get under ones skin. hm

Or perhaps it sounds as if it's working.

How about this one? I wonder why you didn't provide such prudent advice to other such insightful and interesting threads...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4293175&fpart=1

Probably because Dice has a bloody sense of humor and doesn't get personally offended by everything like you do. (thumbs u

Probably because Dice has a bloody sense of humor and doesn't get personally offended by everything like you do. (thumbs u

Oh hell! He's picking on ME?

Say it ain't so! :sorry:

*peeks up to see if anyone is paying attention* :shy:

(thumbs u Right back at ya!

Actually, thinking about you original post...........

From that forum

I liked that thread. This one.....meh

(thumbs u Right back at ya!

I think you meant this one. fingers-019.gif