• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this for real? 6dgrading

43 posts in this topic

Their 'legal disclaimer' is quite interesting though.

6dgrading and any of its employees or affiliates are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred during transit to or from grading or during the grading process itself.

Completion of a 6Dgrading form and/or payment to 6DGraders completes user’s assumption of any and all responsibility and liability for loss or damages.

To Demonstrate how our service compares to other services there is a list of 10 listings(with no bids) from Ebay with similar grades to ours. Our X-Men#94 sold for 350$ Canadian and was graded at 8.0. Here is the list of competitor gradings as of Sept 01/2010:

CGC 6.0 $199US CGC 6.5 $329US

PGX 5.5 $199US CGC 9.4 $1,950US

CGC 8.0 $554US CGC 7.5 $450US

CGC 9.0 $909US CGC 8.5 $685US

PGX 7.0 $380US CGC 7.0 $380US

Sept 11/2010. An update on these auctions…NONE of them sold! Which doesn’t say too much, either nobody wants a copy right now or some of these prices were over-inflated with maybe the exceptions to the higher grades. At least our copy sold which might reflect the actual value of a comic.It’s only worth as much as you can sell it for?!

Ahhh...The old Wookie Defense! :roflmao:

Chewbacca_Defense_2.jpg

Our lead Grader is a retired Librarian who’s comic book collection is sorted right down to title and number and has 25+years in the (comic)book genre{or at least thats all the years he is willing to admit!}.

Rewrite...

Our lead Grader is a retired Librarian who knows how to read. Thus, the perfect candidate to grade comic books. Why get your books graded by someone that can't read?

Our lead Grader is a retired Librarian whos comic book collection is sorted right down to title and number and has 25+years in the (comic)book genre{or at least thats all the years he is willing to admit!}.

Rewrite...

Our lead Grader is a retired Librarian who knows how to read. Thus, the perfect candidate to grade comic books. Why get your books graded by someone that can't read?

:roflmao:

Our lead Grader is a retired Librarian who’s comic book collection is sorted right down to title and number and has 25+years in the (comic)book genre{or at least thats all the years he is willing to admit!}.

Rewrite...

:applause:

Rewrite...

:applause:

Why exactly is reading even a requirement ( a plus maybe)? (shrug) Ability to turn pages all day long, and not mangle a book... now that's a true gift. Heck, I even have problems getting it out of the bag and mylar without dropping a half grade (only on the important ones though, the valueless moderns seem to be able to handle dropping, squeezing, and an odd assortment of other horrific abuse, while maintaining a minty fresh state).

the valueless moderns seem to be able to handle dropping, squeezing, and an odd assortment of other horrific abuse, while maintaining a minty fresh state).

That's thanks to all those new handy dandy chemicals in them. :gossip:

Dang, other than the Librarian part, this makes ME qualified! :acclaim:

I think it's safe to say I'll be sticking with CGC for the foreseeable future.

Not me. Why would I want to get my mods done in 20-30 days when I could get them done by these guys in 60 days.

BAZINGA!

:insane: What I can't believe is that they don't even bother encapsulating the books. I mean why bother having them graded if they are just going to put them in mylites Anyway?

Nope

"All our books are returned in a new comic bag and backborded sealed by our signed and dated waterproof label and placed into a hard Mylar sleeve. Any tampering of the bag or seal immediately voids our grade. "

Their bag, board and Mylar and sealed with some sort of tamper evident arrangement.

I think it's safe to say I'll be sticking with CGC for the foreseeable future.

Not me. Why would I want to get my mods done in 20-30 days when I could get them done by these guys in 60 days.

BAZINGA!

:insane: What I can't believe is that they don't even bother encapsulating the books. I mean why bother having them graded if they are just going to put them in mylites Anyway?

Nope

"All our books are returned in a new comic bag and backborded sealed by our signed and dated waterproof label and placed into a hard Mylar sleeve. Any tampering of the bag or seal immediately voids our grade. "

Their bag, board and Mylar and sealed with some sort of tamper evident arrangement.

Just hope jigsaw isn't the lead grader...

saw1.jpg

Roy's going to save a fortune in sub fees...

I know both Ritchie Bros and Lund Auctioneers of the Vancouver, BC area. I wonder which of my buddies got laid off and decided to start their own grading company? I know a recently retired school bus driver that is a hard core ERB/comic collector that my qualify but don't know a retired librarian! (shrug)

You don't need a tamper-evident sealed case when you're catering to Canadians only. All the shady dealers who deal in overgraded books with undisclosed restoration are American...everyone knows that Canadians are hard-working, honest straight-shooters who you can completely trust to never rip you off. :angel:

You don't need a tamper-evident sealed case when you're catering to Canadians only. All the shady dealers who deal in overgraded books with undisclosed restoration are American...everyone knows that Canadians are hard-working, honest straight-shooters who you can completely trust to never rip you off. :angel:

Of course!!!

(Just don't trust anyone from Saskatchewan, they might be Rough Rider fans).

Of course!!!

(Just don't trust anyone from Saskatchewan, they might be Rough Rider fans).

(tsk)