• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brock and Board, Where are we now? An Update........

491 posts in this topic

I'm not asking you to buy anything from me. Honestly what would you have done if you paid 85 for a book and it went for 20.

Honestly, I would have honored the transaction, packed the item as carefully as any others and sent an email to the buyer checking if he received the item OK once I knew it got delivered.

:applause:

Nut-up bucko. :sumo:

:o

His reply:

Dear nochips,

I appreciate you bid and I see you win this auction. Unfortunately I

have to refund your money. You see my little boy and his friend thought

it would be neat to crack open a few of the comics I down from the upper

shelf for sale and read them. This comic is no longer slabbed and has

been damaged. I apologize again for the inconvience and I will refund

your money.

This is pretty close to fraud.

All over basically thirty dollars.

:tonofbricks:

That's what I don't get. I just gave someone roughly $30 worth of freebies for taking too long to ship a $100 purchase.

Someone who has enough disposable income to participate in this hobby in the first place should be able to take a $30 hit like a man.

I agree, why risk starting this kind of mess over $30.00. Like I said in a previous post, sometimes we all make a mistake and have to sell something at a loss once in awhile. I had plenty of auctions go for way less than what I had in them when I was selling on e-bay. It happens. Everyone always got the books though. That was my problem, not the buyer. You should honor the deal and just suck it up, period.

DR.X

This is one of the primary reasons I don't sell anywhere. I know I don't have the money to back up a mistake and can't afford to lose money.

Do you ever leave the house? You need to get out, get some air, take chance! Sell a little, it's not all bad.......

You should honor the deal and just suck it up, period.

DR.X

There is one benefit for you as the seller, as you're likely to get this sort of feedback:

A1! seller, awesome deal!!!!

Not saying that that is worth taking a bath over, but its better than:

NEGATIVE: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SCAM ARTIST

This is one of the primary reasons I don't sell anywhere. I know I don't have the money to back up a mistake and can't afford to lose money.

Do you ever leave the house? You need to get out, get some air, take chance! Sell a little, it's not all bad.......

lol I leave the house all the time. You are right though I do need to take a chance on selling more but just havn't brought myself to that point.

Dear Brocolli;

You're not smart enough to engage in the buying and selling of collectibles. Please just either get your comic book money somehow else, or stop buying books altogether.

Sincerely,

The hobby

I guess he can get credit for honesty. Eventual honesty, that is. "I'm not going to take that large a bath." Sixty-five dollars. :tonofbricks:

Welcome to the wonderful world of selling books, champ!

:applause::applause::applause:

I'm not asking you to buy anything from me. Honestly what would you have done if you paid 85 for a book and it went for 20.

If you have any suggestions I will do my best to make it right but I'm not taking that large a bath. I'm sorry.

He wants somebody else to pay for a market correction on his book? He's willing to break contract to do so? He's willing to go down in flames for around $40?

What a wank stain. doh!

That's what I don't get. I just gave someone roughly $30 worth of freebies for taking too long to ship a $100 purchase.

Someone who has enough disposable income to participate in this hobby in the first place should be able to take a $30 hit like a man.

+1 (thumbs u

:banana: Chris

??? You lose money by buying not selling. If you've overpaid for something then you've already made the loss

If you have any suggestions I will do my best to make it right but I'm not taking that large a bath. I'm sorry.

He wants somebody else to pay for a market correction on his book? He's willing to break contract to do so? He's willing to go down in flames for around $40?

What a wank stain. doh!

lol

??? You lose money by buying not selling. If you've overpaid for something then you've already made the loss

Not entirely correct. You can buy from the boards at around GPA and sell on eBay UK on open auction at a huge loss. Happens all the time meh

Not entirely correct. You can buy from the boards at around GPA and sell on eBay UK on open auction at a huge loss. Happens all the time meh

Yeah, but there's always the option to use a reserve. Nobody is forced to sell at a loss. (shrug) The worst is that the book won't sell.

Yeah, but there's always the option to use a reserve. Nobody is forced to sell at a loss. (shrug) The worst is that the book won't sell.

I only put books up for auction if I don't want them anymore, I won't reserve them as I want to sell them. I've known every time I'd be taking a hit, that's just on my own back.

At least I shipped 'em! :banana:

There is alot of dillholes out there that will try and screw you though in which this case if you where selling to them and they screwed you over you would possibly lose money.

This has been proven time and time again when you hear stories of people ripping off people for $1000 books and such. I don't have anything super expensive but even $10-25 would be a big loss to me.

There is alot of dillholes out there that will try and screw you though in which this case if you where selling to them and they screwed you over you would possibly lose money.

This has been proven time and time again when you hear stories of people ripping off people for $1000 books and such. I don't have anything super expensive but even $10-25 would be a big loss to me.

Do you mean that the worry for you is being scammed?