• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brock and Board, Where are we now? An Update........

491 posts in this topic

Here's an ethics question:

I just made a purchase on the boards last night, and after reading this thread I raced back to the sale post to see if this was the same seller. Fortunately, it wasn't.

So, here's the question: if it had been the same seller, would it have been bad form for me to have canceled my purchase in protest of his behaviour, even though it had nothing to do with me? It was a PP transaction but I was prepared to take the necessary steps if so.

I would say canceling a deal like that would be appropriate. You have legitimate concerns about the ethics of the dealer and either 1) don't want to get ripped off also or 2) support a crook. Sleazeballduggery voids any previous sales.

So would it be considered to be backing out on a sale? This was addressed in the probation discussion a few weeks ago.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4288924&fpart=894

I just made a purchase on the boards last night, and after reading this thread I raced back to the sale post to see if this was the same seller. Fortunately, it wasn't.

So, here's the question: if it had been the same seller, would it have been bad form for me to have canceled my purchase in protest of his behaviour, even though it had nothing to do with me? It was a PP transaction but I was prepared to take the necessary steps if so.

I would say canceling a deal like that would be appropriate. You have legitimate concerns about the ethics of the dealer and either 1) don't want to get ripped off also or 2) support a crook. Sleazeballduggery voids any previous sales.

I'd agree.

You have legitimate concerns regarding your purchase and it also sends an appropriate message that this sort of conduct will not be tolerated.

Seriously, that's a dead ant at top left, and something even more repulsive looking further down....

From mess my dad says blog

I found some mess in your room...No, I found actual mess. Feces...Well I should hope it's from your shoes, otherwise WTF?

lol

And in regards to the seller, what a individual_without_enough_empathy

I guess he's busy coming up with new screen names now....

So would it be considered to be backing out on a sale? This was addressed in the probation discussion a few weeks ago.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4288924&fpart=894

Well, if you wanted to be a superhero yourself, you could complete the deal, then offer it up to the guy who got burned.

Seriously, that's a dead ant at top left, and something even more repulsive looking further down....

From mess my dad says blog

I found some mess in your room...No, I found actual mess. Feces...Well I should hope it's from your shoes, otherwise WTF?

lol

And in regards to the seller, what a individual_without_enough_empathy

I guess he's busy coming up with new screen names now....

:popcorn:

this really surprises me. I really thought BD was a good dude :sorry:

We haven't heard his side yet.

Possible explanations could include: "I used the wrong pic for my sale here, it actually IS a different book"

or even

"I had it for sale on two places at once, (forgot to pull it down from here), the slab really was broken, just take a look (along with pix)

Well, if you wanted to be a superhero yourself, you could complete the deal, then offer it up to the guy who got burned.

Sorry as of 1 Oct I hung up my cape and tights.

He may be a good guy who made a mistake. I think what he did is wrong, maybe after he reads some thoughts from the board members he realizes this. Or he could say "bite me" and keep plugging along. Not everyone cares about the way things look to those around them.

We haven't heard his side yet.

Possible explanations could include: "I used the wrong pic for my sale here, it actually IS a different book"

or even

"I had it for sale on two places at once, (forgot to pull it down from here), the slab really was broken, just take a look (along with pix)

Original eBay listing ended Aug 15.

Pic in eBay auction was an actual photograph.

Book posted for sale here Oct. 2nd. Book was scanned, albeit poorly.

My assumption at this point is that BD is trying to pull a fast one. Or slow one, to be more accurate.

I had thought that maybe he just reholdered it, but he said in his e-mail to nochips that the book had become deslabbed. So, Ockham's razor is all up in this mess at this point, as far as I am concerned

one possible solution that he would have to supply proof of

the timescale between auction end, and listing today is long enough to allow for it to being re-slabbed.

of course he should be able to supply invoice proof of this, if this is what's happened.

There is however, no suggestion this is actually what's happened.

His reply:

Dear nochips,

I appreciate you bid and I see you win this auction. Unfortunately I

have to refund your money. You see my little boy and his friend thought

it would be neat to crack open a few of the comics I down from the upper

shelf for sale and read them. This comic is no longer slabbed and has

been damaged. I apologize again for the inconvience and I will refund

your money.

This is pretty close to fraud.

All over basically thirty dollars.

:tonofbricks:

Exactly what kind of killing did he expect for a common, miscut, poor PQ 9.4 Avengers that you can scarcely hope to give away in the current market?

Exactly what kind of killing did he expect for a common, miscut, poor PQ 9.4 Avengers that you can scarcely hope to give away in the current market?

Suicide? (shrug)

did the OP ever out the seller or was it one big drama queen thread?

Yes they OP (me) did out the seller:

BroccoliDiesel

We are all waiting to hear his "real side of the story". Maybe he will say: "Yes, the book was damaged, so I sent it to CGC for re-slabbing and got it back in a mere six weeks."

His email to me said his kids broke open some slabs and read the book. I guess they cut them out of the inner tomb, without any damage to the book mind you, so he sent it to CGC for a six week turn around? How much did that cost $75.00 for one book? Now he has it for sale for $60.00. it's good things the box cutter the kids used didn't mess up that book!

Yes, I cannot wait to hear what really happened.