• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow!

69 posts in this topic

I met Chuck for the first time at Baltimore comicon this year. I was browsing his dollar bins which had some good stuff in them. He was the rudest seller I ever met. As I was going through one of his boxes he asked me to move out of the way and started pulling books out of the box I was looking through. He said "I'm shopping my own boxes and you just lost out" I didn't even know what to say to that so I walked away and took my money elsewhere.

I met Chuck for the first time at Baltimore comicon this year. I was browsing his dollar bins which had some good stuff in them. He was the rudest seller I ever met. As I was going through one of his boxes he asked me to move out of the way and started pulling books out of the box I was looking through. He said "I'm shopping my own boxes and you just lost out" I didn't even know what to say to that so I walked away and took my money elsewhere.

Should've told him that you weren't going to be ran over like a widow.

From the newsletter:

"One thing that has been quite different for me during this trip has been people's reactions to my new personal appearance. Ashley has insisted that I keep my new Avanyu tattoos exposed to air so that the can heal/cure properly. That has meant that I have had to cut the sleeves off of my t-shirts, exposing more of my shoulder muscles than most folks had any idea existed. After heaving 45 lb. long boxes filled with comics day after day for the past eight months, however, I am now in pretty darn good shape. That having been said, I have been fascinated by differences in people's reactions to tattooed Chuck, and the more traditional "cowboy" Chuck. As a case in point, we stayed at the NYC Hilton this week (Priceline - $139), which is filled with upper middle class tourists. When I walked through the hotel lobby in my t-shirt with my tattoos exposed, people would avert their eyes and try to avoid me. When I went out for coffee this morning with one of my long sleeved button down cowboy shirts on, however, all I encountered were warm smiles. I was quite amused by this, as I knew that my Avanyus were still right there, but they just couldn't see them.

So you know, comics fans have been far more accepting of my new appearance, with my having received dozens of compliments at the convention on the beauty of my new body art. Other people's opinions aside, I personally am even happier with my tattoos today, than when they were first completed. In all candor, I actually had a great deal of trepidation about how I would feel about being inked, but I have now completely bonded with my Avanyus. In all honesty, I can no longer imagine living life without them. Sometimes, a very scary decision turns out to be exactly the right one..."

Tattoos are fine by me. I don't have any, but friends of mine and inked top to bottom. There is a stigma to certain types of tattoos that could be a problem. Just you're normal inking is nothing more than personal preference and anyone with half a brain or isn't living in an ivory tower should be just as receptive to it as wearing a blue tie over a red tie for the day. It should make little to no difference.

Looks good to me!

He said "I'm shopping my own boxes and you just lost out" I didn't even know what to say to that so I walked away and took my money elsewhere.

Wow, he likes buying so much he'll jump in front of you to buy his OWN books again!