• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCON - Sunday, November 21st, 2010 at the MTCC

33 posts in this topic

Also, please welcome Marvin S. Mariano - artist and toy designer on the Transformers brand. He designed Beast Machines Obsidian along with multiple other characters for Hasbro. Additionally he has worked on Hasbro packaging design and Armada, Transtech, the Transformers Movie and Transformers Crossovers.

FYI here's today's update:

The Fall TORONTO COMICON is coming this Sunday!

Admission $6 / FREE for Fan Expo Canada VIPs (Pass must be shown at the door) & Kids 8 and Under

UPDATE1: Regrettably, Francis Manapul and Agnes Garbowska had to postpone their latest TO appearance due to a family matter. We wish them the best.

UPDATE2: Please note it's the Santa Claus parade this Sunday, so there will be some road closures downtown along the parade routes. This won't affect subway service, but if you are driving, be prepared and try to take routes that go around those areas. Bring your family down to the convention before or after - kids 8 & under get in free with an adult.

SPECIAL GUESTS:

- Jamal Igle, Artist - Supergirl (DC)

- Alvin Lee, Artist - Birds of Prey (DC)

- Marcus To, Artist - Red Robin (DC), Soulfire (Aspen MLT)

- Jim Zubkavich, Writer - SkullKickers (Image)

- Scott Chantler, Cartoonist - Two Generals (McClelland & Stewart), Tower of Treasure (Kids Can Press)

- Richard Zajac, Inker, Soulfire (Aspen MLT)

- Ken Steacy

Plus: meet the creative team behind KILL SHAKESPEARE:

- Anthony Del Col & Conor McCreery, Writers

- Andy Belanger, Artist

- Kagan McLeod, Cover Artist

JUST ADDED! Nov.16-19th:

- Alex Milne, Artist - Transformers: Drift (IDW)

- Marvin S. Mariano & Chozen Studios

POSTPONED

- Francis Manapul, Artist - The Flash (DC)

- Agnes Garbowska, Artist - Girl Comics (Marvel)

Exhibitor List

All New Comics

Chozen Studios/Marvin S. Mariano

ComicAge Entertainment

Conspiracy Comics

Crasharoo

CyberpunkComics.com

DragonStar

Haganland Inc.

Harley Yee Rare Comics

Heavy Mental Designs

Heroes World

Inky Bits

J.E. Lozano

Kewl Collectibles

LT Comics

Major Comics

Manish Mistry

Marvin Law

Max the Mutt Animation School

Milo Accessories

MTCToys.com

Myths, Legends & Heroes

Peter Jelic

Spent Pencils Studios

The Labyrinth

Wyldstar

MINI ARTIST ALLEY

Jim Zubkavich reports that he will have issue 3 of his runaway hit series for Image Comics - Skullkickers - at the show on Sunday, it's not out in shops until next Wednesday, he'll also be bringing copies of the first two issues in whatever the latest printing he has copies left of.

With issue 7 out last week, Kill Shakespeare is becoming the buzz book of the season, and now that the trade paperback collection is out many people are discovering just how much fun this book is. KS was recently mentioned in the New York Times as a great book to give someone this holiday season. Selected original art pieces from the series by Andy B. and Kagan McLeod were recently put up for sale and there will be some OA available at the show on Sunday, and I'm sure Anthony Del Col and Conor McCreery will be happy to fill you in on the most recent developments in the book as well as hint at plans for the KS movie and other fun stuff!

Now that Remembrance/Veteran's Day has passed, Scott Chantler's Two Generals was heralded by the Toronto Star as the best new book on the subject - it's based on Chantler's grandfather's WW2 war diary and his involvement in the Canadian side of the D-Day invasion and subsequent war operations into Normandy and France. Scott's other book Three Thieves Book 1: Tower of Treasure was also recently released and is a fun, dungeons and dragons style adventure that can be enjoyed by children of all ages. He'll have copies of both available at the show on Sunday as well as original art.

Since Francis and Agnes were unable to attend, Transformers: Drift artist Alex Milne has stepped up and will be at the show on Sunday. He'll be sketching and selling prints at the show and will have some of his Transformers comics available for sale.

We're really excited that industry vet Ken Steacy will be at the show on Sunday. Ken lives in BC these days, but has been in town recently teaching for Max the Mutt Animation School. He'll be doing sketches/commissions and he'll be talking military history with Scott Chantler and is sure to have some great stories to tell!

Of course, Marcus To, Alvin Lee, Marvin Law and Richard Zajac will be sketching and will have some awesome original art available.

IN THE SHOW ITSELF

Our headlining guest, Supergirl artist Jamal Igle!

Lots of great comics for sale, from dealers ranging from vintage (like Harley Yee) to moderns and trade paperbacks, artbooks, t-shirts, toys, statues and more.

There are some additional artists appearing in the exhibitor area, like Marvin Mariano, Chozen Studios, Cyberpunk Comics and J.E. Lozano!

From James at Fan Expo dated October 26th:

Greetings. This is a note just to let you know that I have not forgotten about the Stan Lee Collectible that we owe you. Unfortunately, Stan Lee's people did not bring us the items when we met with them at the New York Comicon, so we are back to waiting for them to ship the items from California. I apologize for the wait, this has really been one thing after another and I thank you for your patience. I will get the item out to you as soon as it arrives. Thank you.

Sincerely,

James Armstrong

Fan Expo Canada

It has been almost a month since the last communication I had with James at Fan Expo regarding my Collectible that I was owed from the Fan Expo show in August. That is three months in total waiting.

Kevin, regardless that this isn't your department you should be embarrassed for a company that continues to convince themselves that it is ok to have patrons wait 3 months for items they have paid for.

I have ordered hundreds of comics from the States and the longest I have ever waited for anything is 3 weeks from Hawaii. There is no excuse for not being able to acquire these collectibles from, I will assume, California.

I would appreciate an e-mail with a resolution to this right away. Have a nice show today in Toronto and hopefully I have made some of your customers and future ones aware that they should be weary of buying Fan Expo VIP or specialty passes.