• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Director of 300 and Watchmen to direct the new Superman

50 posts in this topic

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack-snyder-directing-superman/

Zack Snyder Directing 'Superman'

By MIKE FLEMING | Monday October 4, 2010 @ 5:49pm EDT

COMMENTS (0)EMAIL THIS | PRINT THIS |

Breaking: Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct the new installment of Superman for Warner Bros. Snyder was on a short list of directors that Deadline revealed recently, who met with the studio and producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas. Other choices at the time included Tony Scott, Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebesman , and Source Codes's Duncan Jones. Snyder is an inspired choice. He is a cornerstone filmmaker for Warner Bros., a visual stylist whose efforts for the studio include 300, Watchmen, and the upcoming Suckerpunch. Deadline revealed back on February 9 that the DC Comics stalwart Superman became a priority project when Nolan came up with an idea that David Goyer would write.

Should I panic now or later? :ohnoez:
[font:Arial Black]"I find your lack of faith disturbing" [/font]

You know I think you're both good people, but I have to ask. Do you guys share the same computer and tag team who responds to a given topic (or each other)?

I can just picture Sarah saying, "I am so going to own you in a moment when you get off the PC and let me post a response!"

:baiting:

Should I panic now or later? :ohnoez:
[font:Arial Black]"I find your lack of faith disturbing" [/font]

You know I think you're both good people, but I have to ask. Do you guys share the same computer and tag team who responds to a given topic (or each other)?

I can just picture Sarah saying, "I am so going to own you in a moment when you get off the PC and let me post a response!"

:baiting:

:roflmao:

We have more than one PC in the house :)

Does that mean everything in the movie will be in slow motion?

Yeah, Snyder is a real one-trick pony, and just got extremely lucky with 300, which is visual material that actually worked with slow-mo and other visual tricks.

But Watchmen sucked hass, and I expect no different with Superman.

Does that mean everything in the movie will be in slow motion?

Yeah, Snyder is a real one-trick pony, and just got extremely lucky with 300, which is visual material that actually worked with slow-mo and other visual tricks.

But Watchmen sucked hass, and I expect no different with Superman.

Dawn Of The Dead was Snyder's best IMO.

Anything has to be better than the last Superman. I almost fell asleep during it. They already used Zod in the 70's Superman and made Zod a joke in the newer Smallville run using the Dead Like Me reaper as the General.

I vote Doomsday.

I'm voting Bizarro.

Though, the one movie I really want to see made from DC is Kingdom Come.