• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Rick,

What do you think the Action #7 hammers at in the November Heritage Auction? What are your thoughts on that specific book?

:sumo:

sorry, not sure how I missed that...I now typically refrain from commenting on books I have personal interest in, so as not to tip my hat :baiting:

Rick,

What do you think the Action #7 hammers at in the November Heritage Auction? What are your thoughts on that specific book?

sorry, not sure how I missed that...I now typically refrain from commenting on books I have personal interest in, so as not to tip my hat :baiting:

:popcorn:

Rick,

here is a generic answer, I have shared before...typically, an action 7 is about 10K a point...what does that mean, I expect a 2.0 to sell for 20K, a 5.0 for 50K...this only applies to 6.0 and under...higher/scarce, the multiple expands (20K a point, etc)...

brittle pages will "hurt" this book imo, but won't stop it from reaching a nice percentage of my per point est

Rick,

here is a generic answer, I have shared before...typically, an action 7 is about 10K a point...what does that mean, I expect a 2.0 to sell for 20K, a 5.0 for 50K...this only applies to 6.0 and under...higher/scarce, the multiple expands (20K a point, etc)...

brittle pages will "hurt" this book imo, but won't stop it from reaching a nice percentage of my per point est

Brittle pages don't turn you off of a book?

Thanks for the info! (worship)

I scored a restored 65 recently. I've seen other copies, but usually they have big problems like spine splits or big chunks missing. I'd rather have the resto than a messed up book.

65 is higher demand due to origin of SM retold, but it is also much more readily available because of that (thumbs u

65 also has a brief recap of Robin's origin. :gossip:

Rick,

Brittle pages don't turn you off of a book?

there are exceptions to every rule

Thanks for the info! (worship)

I scored a restored 65 recently. I've seen other copies, but usually they have big problems like spine splits or big chunks missing. I'd rather have the resto than a messed up book.

65 is higher demand due to origin of SM retold, but it is also much more readily available because of that (thumbs u

65 also has a brief recap of Robin's origin. :gossip:

true, true (thumbs u

but majority of non WF demand comes from the supes origin :o

How do you rate these in order by supply and demand?

Batman #47(origin)

Superman #53(origin)

Superman #76 (historic team up)

Action Comics #101(atomic bomb)

As always a big thanks in advance.

without question I put my money where my mouth is on Batman 47...have bought and sold dozens of copies over the past few years...one of my "top ten" books period! (as far as demand and supply go)...

53 is a soft 2nd, as the cover art is not all that appealing, but the origin story is cool...

76 used to be "the" one, but has fallen out of lust of late...

action comics 101 is ok, cool cover, demand in high grade, but not so much in low grade (strictly a cover comic)...

so, you pretty much have the order correct (thumbs u

Gator

After Georgia crushes the Gators, will you go into your room and cry?

do you really have to ask? (shrug)

I think he's only laughing so far ... :gossip:

Gator

After Georgia crushes the Gators, will you go into your room and cry?

do you really have to ask? (shrug)

I think he's only laughing so far ... :gossip:

I think he looks like this right now :eek:
Even better than a crushing is giving up a big lead.

xoxo

greggy