• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

hm

How could all of your cousins have an aunt who is not your aunt?

Ergh.

I love riddles. But I'm not allowed to answer....

you could always ASK RICK if he'll let you...

(tsk)

If there are three apples, and you take away 2, how many do you have?
depends on whose possession the apples are in... if they are in your possession, and I take 2 away from you, then I have 2...if they are in my possession, and I take 2 away from me,then I am left with 1

If there are three apples, and you take away 2, how many do you have?
depends on whose possession the apples are in... if they are in your possession, and I take 2 away from you, then I have 2...if they are in my possession, and I take 2 away from me,then I am left with 1

(thumbs u

here is one your 8th grade teacher wouldn't have shown you...

Four criminals are caught and are to be punished. The Judge allows them to be freed if they can solve a puzzle. If they do not, they will be hung. They agreed.

The four criminals are lined up on some steps. They are all facing in the same direction. A wall separates the fourth man from the other three.

To summarize:

Man 1 can see men 2 and 3.

Man 2 can see man 3.

Man 3 can see none of the others.

Man 4 can see none of the others.

The criminals are wearing hats. They are told that there are two white hats and two black hats. The men initially don’t know what color is the hat they are wearing. They are told to shout out the color of the hat that they are wearing as soon as they know for certain what color it is.

They are not allowed to turn round or move.

They are not allowed to talk to each other.

They are not allowed to take their hats off.

Who is the first person to shout out and why?

A man is looking at a photograph, and his friend asks him who the picture is of. The man says "Brothers and sisters, I have none, but this mans father is my fathers son.

who is in the picture?

himself

here is one your 8th grade teacher wouldn't have shown you...

Four criminals are caught and are to be punished. The Judge allows them to be freed if they can solve a puzzle. If they do not, they will be hung. They agreed.

The four criminals are lined up on some steps. They are all facing in the same direction. A wall separates the fourth man from the other three.

To summarize:

Man 1 can see men 2 and 3.

Man 2 can see man 3.

Man 3 can see none of the others.

Man 4 can see none of the others.

The criminals are wearing hats. They are told that there are two white hats and two black hats. The men initially don’t know what color is the hat they are wearing. They are told to shout out the color of the hat that they are wearing as soon as they know for certain what color it is.

They are not allowed to turn round or move.

They are not allowed to talk to each other.

They are not allowed to take their hats off.

Who is the first person to shout out and why?

I see 2 potential solutions... if man 2 and 3 are wearing the same color hat (say black), then man 1 knows he is wearing a white hat and shouts out first...

if man 2 and 3 are wearing diff color hats (one black and one white), then man 1 won't know what color he has, and won't shout...after a bit, if man 1 has not shouted, then man 2 will shout, as he will know the color of his hat, based on man 1's revelation (ie, if man 3 has a black hat on, then man 2 will know that he and man 3 have diff color hats, and hence can determine that man 1 and 3 have some color, and man2 is diff)...

does that make sense?